Question for PK Grill Owners

Receive my order today and put the 360 together, all went well except the Tel Tru thermometer was missing only the inside piece was there, thermometer and nut was missing. I will call PK in the morning and I'm sure they will take care of it. So here she is...

IMG_20190521_164015875.jpg

IMG_20190521_181010315.jpg

IMG_20190521_181023248.jpg

IMG_20190521_181533084.jpg

OK...where are the first cook pics? :pop2:

We had 40 mph winds today so we headed into Tucson for the day, planning on tomorrow, will season things up with bacon and onions to make a roasted onion bacon jam then I'll do some grass fed beef cheese burgers hopefully I remember to get pics...:p

Wow that is one nice grill!

I've always been a weber guy but the big one I bought for Jill has had more problems than any other grill I've cooked on. Your PK has me rethinking my loyalty.

Wow that is one nice grill!

I've always been a weber guy but the big one I bought for Jill has had more problems than any other grill I've cooked on. Your PK has me rethinking my loyalty.

Norm I have never been loyal to one grill maker over another. I never really knew anything about the PK Grills until my wife was reading Franklin Steak and saw Aaron's rave about them so she said why don't you get one, I was not going to argue. Made a quick inquiry with the Brethren and RonL was extremely helpful and the rest is history.

I'm not home enough to justify one there and after spending the $ on a big weber for Jill I guess I'll just have to make do.... dang!

Broke the PK360 in tonight, used the flat side of the Grill Grates, started off with bacon to start the seasoning process then followed with onions and zucchini. Had taken some 1/4 pound grass fed beef patties out of the freezer so they went on. After the burgers were turned I topped the patties with diced bacon and grilled onion and held it all together with sharp cheddar. The burgers were great as well as the zucchini plus some store bought deviled egg potato salad. Most impressed with how long the coals lasted especially with vents wide open. Next cook will be a two zone cook and some grass fed steaks.

IMG_20190523_164355604 (1).jpg

IMG_20190523_171451277.jpg

Broke the PK360 in tonight, used the flat side of the Grill Grates, started off with bacon to start the seasoning process then followed with onions and zucchini. Had taken some 1/4 pound grass fed beef patties out of the freezer so they went on. After the burgers were turned I topped the patties with diced bacon and grilled onion and held it all together with sharp cheddar. The burgers were great as well as the zucchini plus some store bought deviled egg potato salad. Most impressed with how long the coals lasted especially with vents wide open. Next cook will be a two zone cook and some grass fed steaks.

View attachment 171480

View attachment 171481

Off to a great start! How much charcoal (chimney wise) did you dump in for this cook? Does it take 1 full chimney or more to get it up to temp for straight up grilling across the entire cooking surface?

View attachment 171480

View attachment 171481
Did you flip the grill grates for the burgers?

Off to a great start! How much charcoal (chimney wise) did you dump in for this cook? Does it take 1 full chimney or more to get it up to temp for straight up grilling across the entire cooking surface?

I used a full chimney and it was more than enough, kept top and bottom vents wide open and had plenty of heat, coals stayed hot even with the lid up for more than an hour for 3 hours. Can't believe how efficient this cooker is.

Did you flip the grill grates for the burgers?
No, kept on the flat side so the burgers would get nice and caramelized. First time using Grill Grates so there will be a bit of a learning curve. Next cook I will flip and do some steaks using the two zone method.

No, kept on the flat side so the burgers would get nice and caramelized. First time using Grill Grates so there will be a bit of a learning curve. Next cook I will flip and do some steaks using the two zone method.

Been doing the two zone method on steaks forever but... with the PK, the hot and fast method works great. (2 minutes then turn 45* and cook another 2 minutes. Flip and cook for 2 minutes and then turn 45* and cook to the temp you want.

You can adjust each time period for how you want your steak cooked.

Just remember to close the lid for each 2 minute cook period.

You cannot leave the cooker to get a beer while cooking... only downside.

Been doing the two zone method on steaks forever but... with the PK, the hot and fast method works great. (2 minutes then turn 45* and cook another 2 minutes. Flip and cook for 2 minutes and then turn 45* and cook to the temp you want.

You can adjust each time period for how you want your steak cooked.

Just remember to close the lid for each 2 minute cook period.

You cannot leave the cooker to get a beer while cooking... only downside.

When I'm cooking steak for me it doesn't take two minutes total. :wink::clap2:

Back