• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My First UDS Build! (with Photos)

blake.pizzey

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
For about the last year I have become interested in BBQing and decided it was time to try smoking. For the past month or so I have been scanning these forums to get ideas for my build. Finally I gathered my thoughts, made a plan and went to town. Tonight I finished my little project and can't wait to get smokin! Currently my little bad boy is getting seasoned while I play with the temperatures. Since photos of builds is what seemed to help me the most I thought it was only fair to post my own.

Many thanks all those who have posted photos of their builds and I hope that these photos may help others.

Nice work to say the least.:-D

Looks nice!
And your right, it is probably just your first..
Let's see #2 when your done.:clap2:

Thanks for the detail post and pictures!

There isn't anything ugly about that drum! Nice work :thumb:

That is beautiful. And that butcher block is almost the color of a blonde '52 Telecaster. Enjoy it!

Thanks all! I'm hoping to experiment today, I'm sure there is lots to learn.

As for tipping, no tips yet lol. The orginal plan was to create metal brackets that positioned the casters beyond the OD of the drum (someone here has some slick photos doing this) but time and money forced me to simplify. Student budget...

With the two 1-1/2 exhaust on top and all the other black pipe this thing became quite heavy and decently stable. My bigger concern was hanging the lid on the side but that actually works great too!

Great build! As I just recently built my first as well, all I can say is that yours is awesome! Looks great!

Back