• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Chukity Chuck Chuck

L

Larry Wolfe

Wind and rain finally calmed down so it's time for a weekend cook and what better than a chuck roast! Same method, worcestershire and Wolfe Rub Bold, smoking over Royal Oak and 3 hickory chunks. It's a small chuck about 4lbs. Gonna do another competition chicken practice later too, need to practice for Salisbury!
I also installed my BQ250 Tel Tru Thermometer onto Junior!
3-9-08015.jpg
3-9-08018.jpg

3-9-08020.jpg

Looks good so far.

(You seem partial to those Wolfe rubs for some reason)

Good looking spread BQ!!! I still gotta do the bolo!!
Chuck is coming along nicely and I just added the chicken!
3-10-08023.jpg
3-10-08018.jpg
3-10-08030.jpg
3-10-08031.jpg

That looks great Larry. I'm dang hungry right now waiting for the PR and your pics are making me drool. I do understand there is medication for that :shock:

Lookin real good! I'd like to see the inside of that chuck after it's done.:cool:

Wow....everything looks great! That chicken looks scrump-dilly-ocious!

looks good but I do have a question for you - looks like your chicken is dripping on the chuckie - have always thought that chicken should go on the bottom - anyone have thoughts on that one?
BTW - would definately eat that chuckie -

Dang Wolfey...that looks dang good...You know where I could get some of that wolfe rub???

Looks dang good! I'm gettin' hungry. I'm making pork burnt ends and between the smell of those, and these pics, I'm about to go crazy.

The Wolfeman does it again! I have to say Larry you are the most committed photocook I've ever seen on any site on the net. Cheers!

looks good but I do have a question for you - looks like your chicken is dripping on the chuckie - have always thought that chicken should go on the bottom - anyone have thoughts on that one?
BTW - would definately eat that chuckie -

It's all about timing......... If the chuck was almost done then I wouldn't have put the chicken over it. But.....as long as "whatever" meat is under the chicken will take longer to cook than the chicken above it, whatever is under the chicken will be okay!

In otherwords, the chuck was pulled about 2 hours after I pulled the chicken off. Therefore, whatever chicken juices dripped on it were sufficiently cooked.

Chuck is done! Too much other food to make a sammich tonight.............
3-10-08056.jpg
3-10-08057.jpg

Ahhh....... makes sense - thanks for the explaination - now I just wish I had some of the chicken and chuckie...

Clap for the Wolfman.:wink: Great looing grub.

I had the same question about the chicky being on top, but you answered it well. I have done the same thing with the Bandera and not had a problem.

Back