hi from aldershot england

paul the brit

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
hi guys
i am fairly new to smoking but i am learning fast ,i used to smoke chicken and other quick items on my weber kettle but in april i built a uds,and a pid temp controller (as i used to be a catering equipment engineer) ,and now i am totally addicted to low and slow bbq , there is a small bbq competition circuit in the uk and i am hoping to build a second uds this winter and enter a couple of competitions just for the social aspect (beer ,bbq ,more beer lol) ,i also want to compete using as much home made equipment,rubs and sauces as possible as most competitors here in the uk are using shop bought stuff and as i cannot work due to ill health my finances are very limited i know there is a very big difference from backyard cooking for family to what is needed for handing in for judges so i will be asking for as much help as possible and hopefully some very kind pit master may give me some help and guidance as i live here in the uk and i will be no threat to anyone giving me some guarded secrets lol ,i cannot seem to find a way to post pictures can anyone explain how to do that please

Welcome aboard Paul, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

When I was assigned to the UN I had made a couple trips to the Garrison at Aldershot Military Town. I don't know if it is still in existence today.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

thanks guys for the welcome and iammadman yes the army base is still here but it is a shadow of its former self as most of the soldiers have moved out to other bases

Welcome Paul! Glad to see a member from across the pond (as they say).

I was in your neck for woods about 15 years ago doing some firewall installation work for GCHQ on base. I had an armed buddy hovering over my shoulder all the time. Was an interesting experience.

Does BBC Radio still call your area "The best part of Britain"?

Brian

Welcome to the forum!
I use photobucket for my pics, there are many other options though.
I upload photos there and click and paste the link here.
Good luck to you!

Back