• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

turkey cannon!

I've seen them. I've used a tall "chicken" rack (not built for the beer can) to cook a small turkey vertically and it worked well. I'm thinking a 10-12# turkey would turn out pretty well with the "cannon" and the base would catch all that great juice for gravy!!

Has anybody every done a beer-can turkey? Maybe use one of them big Foster's beer cans?

frognot said:
Has anybody every done a beer-can turkey? Maybe use one of them big Foster's beer cans?

More like a Heiniken mini-barrel!!:-D

I bought a cannon. I coked a turkey my dad had in his freezer for year or more. Cooked faster than normal, don't think hour and half. Tasted like freezer as expected. Good fire control practice. Gave neighbors dogs the runs :p . Didn't bark all day while I tried to sleep.

frognot said:

Did one for Thanksgiving.... yuck. I forgot to cut the Foster's beer with water since it is so strong. The thighs and wings tasted like chit. Smelled like the Budweiser brewery when you drive past on 610 freeway in Houston.

Breast was ok, but not great. If I ever try it again, I will pour the beer out and use something else. The can was the perfect size tho.

Back