SPECIAL - BBQ Brethren "Noobians vs. Veterans" Throwdown!!!

Pffft...check under his trapdoor!!!
Bags it's not MY job!
:heh:

Official Entry

What better time to enter a throwdown than to assist my fellow Noobians in this culinary battle to the death. Also, since there are likely to be 250+ entries, I might be able to earn the much desired "0" at the same time.

ChickenDipNacho.jpg

Cook details can be found here

Last edited:
What better time to enter a throwdown than to assist my fellow Noobians in this culinary battle to the death. Also, since there are likely to be 250+ entries, I might be able to earn the much desired "0" at the same time.

attachment.php

Cook details can be found here
No.
No they can't!
Noobs....sigh:tongue::wink:

Later Edit:
Yaay, he done did it!
Hmmm, I woulda washed the dirt off...

Another official shot to bow of the SS Farkanaut

Here is my entry. Pork Shoulder Picnic, bone in.

Started with Injecting/Marinating Overnight with "PYGBOYZ Own" Eastern Carolina sauce. Recipe to follow....uh-oh can't do that, it's a secret!!

Tried something new, the crust, took Wasabi Peas and Freeze Dried Chili's Put them in my coffee grinder, used some mustard based sauce called Wise's. Rubbed the non-skin side with the Wise's BBQ sauce and used the Wasabi and Chili concoction to rubbed down the Pork Shoulder.
-The Corn was partially husked and rubbed down with butter, sprinkled with pepper and garlic, re-husked and grilled.
-Red Potatoes were forked and soaked in water with Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, and Fajita Seasonings.

1. The Ingredients.jpg
The Ingredients
2. The Crust.jpg
The making of the Crust
3. The Crust applied.jpg
Applying the Cruse
4. The Morning Smoke.jpg
Awe, nothing better than Early Morning Smoke
5. Dark n Stormy.jpg
It was Dark n Stormy earlier in the A.M
6. Half way.jpg
Half way done
7. The Sides.jpg
The side prepped
8. The Flip.jpg
Flipped and sides added
9. Coming Off.jpg
Coming off to rest
10. The End.jpg

Actually, the Wasabi Pea and Chili Crust turned out farkin' great, I will definitely do that again.

Here is another major blow to the SS Farkanaut, isn't that ship about to sink or are they just still trying to resurrect a sunken dingy!!!

PYGBOYZ (Noobian Expert Gunner)

Last edited by a moderator:
Piggles I like the creativity with the crust and the finished pork looks really good!
The cannonball hit alongside and we all appreciate the refreshing spray:tongue:
:laugh:

Piggles I like the creativity with the crust and the finished pork looks really good!
The cannonball hit alongside and we all appreciate the refreshing spray:tongue:
:laugh:

Bucc Bucc Bucc, After that refreshing spray, you should be getting your soap for your bath, because by now you must be at least knee deep in Kimchee or salt water.:heh::loco:

ok Veterns it is only five days until I deploy the A-Bomb and believe me it will put the little shower you guys just had to shame because all will be saying "no more! Please! we give! where are the white flags"!!!! stay tooned or do you wanna give up now!:hail: :yield:

^^^^ Not a chance ye Scurvy riddled blighter...

Do your worstest... Arrrrrrhhhhh:boxing:

Hey, grizzle waved the white flag for the noobs!:shocked:

Official TD Entry Roast Chicken

I was planning on entering this into the Go-To Meal TD but had some laptop problems this weekend and couldn't get it loaded. So instead I'll be leveling the chicken cannon at the SS Farkanaut and blasting another hole in their defenses.

I don't think there is a meal that I enjoy more than a good roasted chicken so I made my traditional preparation along with a couple of sides.

Started by stuffing some lemon, onion, garlic, rosemary & thyme into the cavity of the bird.
Aromatics.jpg

I then tied up the legs and rubbed the bird down with softened butter, Lawry's and pepper.
Rubbed.jpg

Onto the grill over the highest heat I can get running indirect
OntheGrill-1.jpg

Bought a pressure cooker this weekend so I decided to do some baked beans. Cooked the beans in the pressure cooker then added chopped onion, garlic, hatch chiles, bacon and homemade tasso ham along with the bean liquor, molasses, mustard, soy, wooster & brown sugar. They went onto the Traeger and ran at about 250 for 2-3 hours.
IMG_6852.jpg

After about 1-hour the chicken came off, the butter and high heat make for incredibly crispy skin.
Done.jpg

After a 15 minute rest it was time to carve
Carving1.jpg

Carving2.jpg

Plated up the chicken with the beans and some sauteed swiss chard.
MoneyShot.jpg

Not sure which shot to use as the voting pic. What say you Noobians?

Last edited:
Grizzly6 -- interesting idea with a bacon weave over the beans, I bet that amps up the flavour!

MS2SB -- I love the crispy looking chicken skin, the beans look delicious. I chop and sautee swiss chard too but the red stalk always loses colour. How do you sautee it and keep so much colour in the stem? Am I sauteeing too long?

MS2SB -- I love the crispy looking chicken skin, the beans look delicious. I chop and sautee swiss chard too but the red stalk always loses colour. How do you sautee it and keep so much colour in the stem? Am I sauteeing too long?

I toss the stem in with some chili flake at a really high heat and only cook it for 1-2 minutes. Then I add the leaves, garlic and either lemon juice or red wine vinegar, and toss until wilted. Whole process takes maybe 5 minutes.

MS2SB congratulations on that meal.
Excellent work, the chicken is just done and moist as can be, the skin nicely crispy and the sides are perfect.
I would really love to eat that, well done.
:clap:

That should sink them for sure

MS2SB, Awesome shot at the SS. Farkanaut, Bucc should be really bathing well in the salt water with his "KIMCHI" (Spelling correc this time).:laugh:

List of teams

Who is on who teams. There are a lot of Farkers out there and not all are on the SS Farkanaut. As I know what team I am on. Do we have a Master Roster? And when is this over? Is there a drop dead date?

I am sure the Vets are getting tired of the constant bombings, hit and runs and everthing else the Noobs have thrown at them. :laugh::laugh:

Back