MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-16-2007, 01:42 PM   #1
Mo-Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Default Roadside.....

Anyone out there sell bbq, roadside/parking lot during the winter in a cold climate? If so is it worth the effort or would you recommend doing it? Thanks for any replies.
Dave

Old 12-16-2007, 02:49 PM   #2
SoEzzy
Full Fledged Farker

Location, location, location and quality, quality, quality are the two things that will make or break an operation like that, the other thing is to CYA both with the HD and insurance, there is one local mobile shack near me, it is cold enough for the guy in the shack to wear snow gear, as he has to go in and out to the smoker on the back end.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:54 PM   #3
Divemaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

Took the words out of my mouth... CYA big time...
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-2007, 10:52 PM   #4
Mo-Dave

Well I know what is needed to sell roadside bbq. But what I really am asking is, who is doing it and how is it working for them in a cold climate area and does it do well.
Dave

Old 12-17-2007, 08:48 AM   #5
PigBoy
Full Fledged Farker

Lutz's BBQ is open year round in Jeff City,MO in the Lowe's parking lot on the east side of the building. Went and visited Mark of Great Grills who was helping him out that day, as he does most weekends when he's not competing. Got there about 2:00-2:30 pm. Hung around about an hour, still had a fairly consistant flow of customers. He is moving inside a building down the street very soon, but has been very successful. I'm going to try it after the first of the year since I haven't found a job that offers anything better. May try bouncing around a couple of towns in our area instead of staying just in Concordia. Will let you know how it goes.

Pork Pullin Plowboys
www.plowboysbbq.com
www.hinckfarms.com

Traeger 200, Kingfisher Commercial, Bandera, Weber Kettle
PigBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2007, 09:08 AM   #6
Mo-Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigBoy View Post
Lutz's BBQ is open year round in Jeff City,MO in the Lowe's parking lot on the east side of the building. Went and visited Mark of Great Grills who was helping him out that day, as he does most weekends when he's not competing. Got there about 2:00-2:30 pm. Hung around about an hour, still had a fairly consistant flow of customers. He is moving inside a building down the street very soon, but has been very successful. I'm going to try it after the first of the year since I haven't found a job that offers anything better. May try bouncing around a couple of towns in our area instead of staying just in Concordia. Will let you know how it goes.
Well I have been thinking about it a lot lately, especially since we had a meeting at work last week and were told the factory may be closing down soon. Keep in touch and let us know how its going and good luck to you in your endeavors.
Dave

Old 12-17-2007, 12:31 PM   #7
Divemaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo-Dave View Post
Well I have been thinking about it a lot lately, especially since we had a meeting at work last week and were told the factory may be closing down soon.
Man, that sucks big time... Good luck!!!
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote