MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:38 PM   #46
Burnt
Found some matches.

Default Vision Kamado from Costco

I saw the Vision Kamado at Costco. I had been looking at the BGE. Based on reviews from this site I purchased one (less than 50% cost of BGE). I have used it almost weekly this year. I did have a couple things initially (wood table had a crack out of the box and the top vent became very hard to adjust) one email to the vendor and new parts arrived right away (both times). I also improved the seal around the inlet with some high temp sealant (per instructions from this site). I figured out how to control temps real quick and I bought a heat diffuser for it (Ceramic Grill Store). I have done pizza at 700 and slow cooked butts over night. It works great. I knew if there was anything I did not like, Costco would take it back. For me this was a second grill so price was an issue. I have to say that I use it much more than my other grill now.
There are obviously a number of great products listed here and many folks have experience with them - I would buy the Vision Kamado again without hesitation.
Burnt is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 11-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #47
Foxfire
Full Fledged Farker

You make me want to check out the Vision. I'll call CostCo and see if / when they have them on the floor.
[COLOR="Blue"]Blue [/COLOR]Weber Performer + Craycort CI • [COLOR="red"]Brick Red[/COLOR] Weber One-Touch Platinum • Weber 26.75 Kettle • Akorn Kamado • ET 732 • Record-crushing [COLOR="Orange"][B]ORANGE[/B][/COLOR] Thermapen • UDS In Progress
Foxfire is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2012, 09:33 PM   #48
Lars
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
You make me want to check out the Vision. I'll call CostCo and see if / when they have them on the floor.
As you guessed before I believe they are a seasonal item. The Costco's in SoCal cleared them out a month or two ago. Good luck finding one, if you do snatch it up!

Mine has become my go-to grill and smoker. I also have an older brinkman grill and a Santa Maria style oak pit on the back patio. Each serves it purpose, but I cook on the kamado most often.

From the research I did online before I bought it, nearly all manufacturers have their fans and their haters. Yes, I even found people that hate the BGE. The Vision fit best into my budget and I coundn't be happier with it!
Lars is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2012, 10:29 PM   #49
ssv3
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Sako

Im gonna vouch for the vision as well. Great kamado grill. I have the Vision Pro and I love it. Their customer service is top notch. I had a few minor issues and had replacement parts within days of contacting them. FYI Home Depot and Costco have them online delivered for $699. My bro and my friend ordered one each right on their phone as soon as they had q off of it at my house. That ought to say something. Ive done butts, briskets, ribs, pizza, etc with amazing results. Good luck with whatever your choice is as ceramic cookers are all around awesome.
Blackstone Griddle Retrofit
Blackstone Pizza Oven
WSJ(K) WGA(P) WJJ(CU) W22(BI) W26(CL)
Pit Barrer Junior
Kingsford Oval (resto mod)
ssv3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2012, 12:02 AM   #50
MacNH
Found some matches.

I too have been in the market to upgrade. I sort of narrowed it down to 4 ceramics. The BGE, Primo, Saffire, and the Vision.
I've just started looking and the first one I saw was the Saffire. WOW. Thankfully the wife wasn't there. I would have taken it home. It was everything standard plus the table and granite top. It was on sale too. I too have interest in the Vision grill but I want to see what I'm getting before I spend. I'm not having any luck locating one locally.This weekend I will be looking at the BGE. and hopefully getting in a Primo viewing before the end of the month. I'm in no rush but I'm also anxious to upgrade. I really miss smoking during the winter months.
MacNH is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #51
rsritchey
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

I've had my Kamado Joe Classic for 4 months now, and so far I love it. Mine came with a clever chute / drawer to clean the ash out that works really well. I've cooked pizzas and steaks at high temp (up to 800F) and ribs and butt low and slow. The accessories are really high quality and well thought out. The heat deflector can be set in two positions,the second grill keys into the primary securely, and the pizza stone works well to brown the dough without burning. The include grill gripper is handy, as well as the ash tool, which I use mostly for moving coals around. The cart and side tables work well too. All in all, a screaming value vs the ala carte BGE.

Oh, and it's red.

PM me if you have any questions.

RR
rsritchey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Kamado