Vent Cap on Cambro's

T

T.K.

I guess I will stick my neck out and ask anyway since I'm still fairly new. When hot food is placed in a Cambro, should the vent cap cover be removed? I read somewhere the vent cap is to equalize pressure but I wasn't sure if it would cool the food off too quickly?

Thanks

I guess I will stick my neck out and ask anyway since I'm still fairly new. When hot food is placed in a Cambro, should the vent cap cover be removed? I read somewhere the vent cap is to equalize pressure but I wasn't sure if it would cool the food off too quickly?

Thanks

I leave the vent open as I want some of the steam to vent off.I think theres a lot of different theories on this.

when hot food cools, it can creat a vacumn inside. If the cover is difficult to take off then I pop the vent. Otherwise I leave it closed.

I've never taken mine off. Seems to work just fine for me...

It is also used to monitor the temperature inside without having to open the door.

I've never taken mine off. Seems to work just fine for me...

Do you vent off some of the heat from the meat or does it go from the cooker to the cambro? Just wondering.

Do you vent off some of the heat from the meat or does it go from the cooker to the cambro? Just wondering.

It rests after pulling from the smoker, otherwise the Cambro will become as hot as the meat... And the meat will turn to mush...

That is what I have been doing too. But I thought I would ask in case there were different theories out there.

Thanks again for the advice. I appreciate it.

The vent cap it's used when you have hot food inside the carrier to let the steam out. This releases the pressure inside the carrier and also keeps contents crispier. The vent cap should be opened and closed quickly to maintain the inside temperature. The vent cap can also help you open the door in case the pressure inside has built up making it hard to open.

If you leave the vent cap open you are defeating the purpose of the insulation. The new Cambro S Series don't have a vent cap, they have a new system that automatically releases the steam/preassure

That is what I have been doing too. But I thought I would ask in case there were different theories out there.

Thanks again for the advice. I appreciate it.

If your Cambro is packed full, you are still cooking your meat. Let it rest some before it goes in.

I seem to recall reading that the vent cap is opened when holding items like pizzas or breads to let the steam out and help prevent the dough from getting soggy.

Benny

Back