Nashville, TN

S

slat

In Nashville there is a place called Jack's. There are two locations, one at 416 Broadway and the other is at 334 W. Trinity Ln. Just off I-24. I have only ate at the W. Trinity location. It is just a little hole in the wall building that seats 40 to 50 people.
It's what I guess you'd call cafeteria style. Go through the line and tell them what you'd like sandwich or plate. If you have a plate you get your choice of sides. Behind the line is a big brick smoker that can hold a lot of food. I have only had a few of the featured meats, but they offer shoulder, brisket, turkey boob, Texas sausage, pork ribs, and chicken. I have had the shoulder, sausage, brisket and ribs. The brisket is average, the sausage is good, the shoulder and ribs are great. They have baked beans, slaw, tater salad, greens, corn, mac & cheese, green beans, sweet taters and potato chips. The sides aren't anything special. I think most are out of the can and just seasoned up. I think the tater salad is made there.
They have the usual to drink water, soda, sweet tea, tea, and beer.
If you want some good que and you are in Nashville this is the place to go. They have sauces, but I have never used any. The place has a website www.jacksbarbque.com.

I ate at Jack's the last time I was in Nashvile, and I thought that it was good, but not great. Sides were below average. Think I had the ribs and brisket.

Back