MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 02-27-2014, 08:46 AM   #1
rowdycowboy
Full Fledged Farker

Default Mobile kitchen

What is the best way to anchor ur perp tables and refrigerator down?
rowdycowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2014, 11:08 AM   #2
stokestackbbq
Knows what a fatty is.

Galvanized floor flanges and a short pipe nipple- get a size just big enough to fit the legs of the tables in.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:47 AM   #3
BigBellyBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

dont foget the bolts through the floor..
Old 03-09-2014, 12:23 PM   #4
rowdycowboy
Full Fledged Farker

Wonder where I could find some pictures on how others have their kitchens set up. Like to know what size fridge they have and how they keep their food warm. I have warmers but I'm thinking of a warming box of some kind.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:58 PM   #5
RICK Allen
Full Fledged Farker

Google wyss Cater trucks in California they are professionals and hve plenty of pics on their website
Old 03-09-2014, 06:36 PM   #6
rowdycowboy
Full Fledged Farker

Thanks
Old 03-10-2014, 08:49 AM   #7
BigBellyBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

also if you are bolting to the floor do not just use a washer, make a strap or peice of flat stock to help spread the load accross a larger area ..if you are going through part of the frame or cross bracing, then use a washer
Old 03-10-2014, 08:59 PM   #8
Jeff Therrell
Knows what a fatty is.

I made brackets and bolted all my equipment at the top. If it is anchored at the bottom it still has a chance of turning over, you don't know how much stress it has if you happen to hit a curb. I also had a sheet metal shop make stainless covers for the fryers so I don't have to drain them before I go down the road. For my refrigerators I just use ratchet straps screwed to the wall and put them between the doors.
Thanks, Jeff
Jeff Therrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:08 AM   #9
BigBellyBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

your floor is the mainstay and your walls will flex, I have a double door true and if it
"turns over" then I have much bigger problems that will have to be addressed. I really do not want to put that type of load onto the walls. If you go to your trailer manufacture, see what they suggest, for me I will attach to the floor either through a cross brace or spreading the load with a fish plate, angle iron, flat stock or what ever, even my smoker which weighs in at1,900 is secrued to floor, stainless tables, to the floor, fridge to the floor, which I went through the 6 leveling screw holes. I do agree about the rocking factor and maybe an extra bracket for traveling, as the leverage exerted could pull in an emergency situation, however after three years, only once did the fridge doors open up..short stack has the idea with the floor flanges which are also availble in stainless which you could make what is called a tapping plate by transfering the bolt pattern to a larger piece which would be under the floor to attach to..just take your time and think on the best way to spread the load / stress to help eliminate pulling apart..
Old 03-11-2014, 10:31 PM   #10
Jeff Therrell
Knows what a fatty is.

I see what you are saying but all of my equipment is on wheels, which makes it easy to move to clean under. We set up 5 days a week so we have a lot of grease to clean every week. I have just about had my fill of the trailer after a year and a half, we are opening a brick and mortar in the next month or so.
Thanks, Jeff
Jeff Therrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:16 AM   #11
RICK Allen
Full Fledged Farker

best of luck brick and morter will kill you
Old 03-12-2014, 09:00 AM   #12
BigBellyBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

If equipment on wheels, what I did before was to have a dockiing station to nest into, and put D rings into the floor, and cinch down. We did this with our pulling trucks,, spare engines, tool boxes etc..The lighter stuff was bungied to wall
My southern pride 700 is set up like this and the 500 also like this on the smaller trailer. Top heavy equipment does need to be looked at, my backwoods sits atop a mobile cart and that is tied down with D rings and smaller straps assist
Old 04-02-2014, 07:33 AM   #13
Puppyboy
Babbling Farker

We have a homemade trailer. Our counters are built in. We use ratchet straps to hold our fridge & stove to the wall.