Shipping ribs question

daninnewjersey

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I'm interested in shipping some ribs I'm making (will be fully cooked) to a buddy of mine in another state. What's the best way to prep/wrap them? I have a Food Saver if that helps. Shipping will be next day (Fedex Ground and one day transit). Thanks......

Michelbob's in FL mails them out frozen, next day air and they arrive in great shape. They cryro(sp?) pack them

I do this all the time to my son. When i pull the ribs I wrap them in saran wrap (it's good to several hundreds degrees, I buy the huge rolls at Sams. Then i wrap them in aluminum roll and then vac u suck them. From there they go into the freezer for a couple of days. Then I get a Styrofoam cooler (we actually have a Omaha Steak box and cooler we send back and forth) and pack them with some dry ice (i wrap the ribs in newspaper to keep them away from the dry ice, seal it up and call FedEx, ovenite and your good to go.

im with aqua. Except skip the aluminum foil imho, you'll get a better vac seal. Deep freeze, get some dry ice...HANDLE WITH CARE! that stuff burns! And a styro cooler. Good to go.

I do this all the time to my son. When i pull the ribs I wrap them in saran wrap (it's good to several hundreds degrees, I buy the huge rolls at Sams. Then i wrap them in aluminum roll and then vac u suck them. From there they go into the freezer for a couple of days. Then I get a Styrofoam cooler (we actually have a Omaha Steak box and cooler we send back and forth) and pack them with some dry ice (i wrap the ribs in newspaper to keep them away from the dry ice, seal it up and call FedEx, ovenite and your good to go.

How much is shipping when you do this?

Thanks for the replies. What types of places could I call to get dry ice???

Never mind....called the local ice cream place....cash and carry. Thanks......

I would use some of the dry ice to freeze the ribs too. The faster the freeze the better and unless you can get a hold of some LN2, dry ice is about the best you can do.

I do this for fresh fruit in the summer and also if I ever buy a sub-primal that I cut into steaks to be frozen.

All good advice. Hard freeze for a couple of days and ship in styro w dry ice. The less dead air space the better

Shipping overnite or next day air will probably cost as much or more than the ribs.

Just make sure you buy the dry ice the day you ship it out. That stuff evaporates pretty quickly and freezing them before hand is def a good idea as well.

Back