My equipment

fweck

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Trying to get rid of the Matchlight, so I can get to the lighter fluid. Thought I would post pictures of my equipment.
This is my Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold, also have a rottiserie that isn't shown.

Weber.jpg

And this is my Brinkman Cimmaron with log lighter and turkey fryer burner. Haven't done a turkey on it yet, but it makes a mean stir fry, and works great with the charcoal chimney. Have an ample supply of red oak, black cherry, and maple in the background. Had to modify the burner it wouldn't sit level and also grind a notch in the ash sweep / scraper so it would go under the log lighter

Cimmaron.jpg

Before anyone says anything about the wood deck I hose it down before and during cooking with the Brinkman (or use the white stuff in the background)

Hosing down a good thing. Maybe a cooking mat as well so anygrease wont stain. JMHO

If you keep those two close together, they will breed, and pretty soon you will have a deck full of cookers! It seems after I had a Cimmaron and a Weber kettle close together, they started spawning WSMs!

When I used to cook on my old Brinkmann offset, I always wished for something like Cimmaron.

My wife brought up that I should try a suckling pig or half of a small hog. I'll need something bigger for that, so maybe I'l keep them real close together. :icon_wink

Just watch out for inbreeding. Right now my back porch is littered with various sized and shaped Webers.

Have you made any mods to the Brinkman?
I removed the removed the deflector and put in a 90 degree baffle, then use 6" x 13.5" 1/4" steel plates (the first one rests on the baffle) to "tune" the cook chamber a little. Seems to help eliminate the hotspot next to the fire box.
My dad bought me that pit for Christmas one year, so I will never part with it.

Nice set up. Pay attention to the suggestions about breeding; I made the mistake of bringing a second Q into the household several years back, and look at my signature to see what happened...

Dude what he said ^^^^

Look at my Signature line...

Harbormaster, Haven't made any mods on the inside. Do you have a picture of what you did? I might figure it out when I get home and take a look.

You need to discretely set a drum on your deck... Initiate a 3-way if you will...
You will not be disappointed with the results!

Harbormaster that's not some kinda cooker incest is it? A Weber grill making a WSM? Kinda weird!

Yea, be careful of that inbreeding and proximity thing. I started with a Chargriller, and before I knew what happened there was a WSM, 2 UDS, weber 22.5, and a Gator pit. Have parred down a little now.:icon_blush:

I just have a large BGE and a gasser that never gets used. The BGE won't give the gasser the time of day, so I think I'm safe, from a birth control standpoint.

Yeah 71 but hope there not guys cause ya know how we can be at the end of the night!

I'm having a helluva time keeping that Weber away from the UDS.
Something about a hat... I don't get it either.

Weiser

Yea, be careful of that inbreeding and proximity thing. I started with a Chargriller, and before I knew what happened there was a WSM, 2 UDS, weber 22.5, and a Gator pit. Have parred down a little now.:icon_blush:

Back