• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Beef ribs on my Chubby

martyleach

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I should have been more clear. Beef ribs on my Backwoods Chubby..
I make these every 3 or 4 months when I can collect some good ones. The flavor is awesome.
I rubbed with Susie Q's Santa Maria rub and topped with Montreal Steak.

Put 'em in the Chubby rocking at 250. Heat diverter and water pan.

Oh and this is cart I recently welded up for the chubby. Then had it powder coated. Feeling good!!!

Foiled them after about 3 hours in a little beef broth. Stayed in the foil for about 90 minutes until they were awesome....

I have a very similar plan! I check at my local grocery store for beef back ribs every time I go, and about twice a year they'll have some good ones. I've got some in the freezer waiting. I'll be doing spares this weeked though.

After a little farking around with methods on my BW Chubby it seems that it works best cooking just like you described - at 250 with the water pan and diverter - it requires the least amount of attention that way it seems and it runs rock solid.

Anyway - another nice cook Marty & great job on the cart!

Fine looking cook Marty and the cart looks great too

Beef ribs are a real nice treat, they're hard to find so when you can get em it's like a day after winter :laugh:

As I sit here drinking a wheat grass oatmeal smoothie for breakfast I came across ML's thread. At first I tear'd up. But pardon me while I step out on the patio and break out in song.

Back