MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-13-2014, 05:55 PM   #16
bbqwilly
Babbling Farker

Ill be grilling a couple of thick rib eyes and a baked potato.

We simple folks
TQ 250 deluxe ([COLOR="Red"]gone but not forgotten[/COLOR])
[COLOR="Blue"]"Let me get a Diablo Sandwich and a Dr Pepper. Make it fast I'm in a gosh dang hurry"[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]IMBAS[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Certified[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]MOINK[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Baller[/COLOR]
bbqwilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2014, 06:55 PM   #17
Untraceable
Babbling Farker

Got 10 U10 scallops that went a tick under 1.5lbs, a pair of lobsters. So going to make fettacini Alfredo with seared scallops and lobsters.
Untraceable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2014, 06:59 PM   #18
Wneill20
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludawg View Post
Just me & the Dog so she'll get a steak too and a pig ear but I reserve the quart of White dog and the Rocky Patels for me.
Gotta love a good cigar it is and edge for me

Old 02-13-2014, 08:42 PM   #19
jgbmgb
is one Smokin' Farker

Wife won't let me cook tomorrow! She's twisting my arm to take her to one of our favorite restaurants. Freddie's Italian Restaurant in Kure Beach. Best chops I've ever had!! She will be having her usual filet and I will be having Rum Runner Chops! Two 1" thick t-bone chops marinated and grilled in a balsamic/brown sugar glaze topped with grilled peaches!!! Needless to say, she didn't have to twist too hard!!!

Old 02-13-2014, 09:10 PM   #20
16Adams
somebody shut me the fark up.

I volunteered to work. 6p-6a I'll put a card and A Godiva white chocolate bar under her pillow. I'll be up all night listening to XM 32 The Bridge

Tupelo Honey, damn that Van Morrison is pure awesome

Old 02-13-2014, 09:22 PM   #21
saseekutz
Full Fledged Farker

Grilling up some steaks tomorrow, she loves the flat iron cut. Then I'll be back to my smoking duties this weeken, Just scored some thick short ribs
saseekutz is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2014, 09:46 PM   #22
erbeman
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewookie View Post
Called the butcher today.

Got two nice 2" thick rib eyes waiting. Gonna dry brine them then do them on the Weber indirect with a reverse sear... 'bout medium rare, add a good dusting of cracked black pepper.

Then we sauté some baby bells, onion, green pepper, and jalapeno to top.

Sides are asparagus, and a baked potato with all the fixin's.

And, or course beer.

Oh, and the wife is stopping at Sonic on the way home and pick up a couple of red velvet sundaes to stick in the freezer for desert... (her idea)

VR,
Harold
I'm doing almost the exact same thing. There aren't many of us that do a reverse sear on Ribeye's. We swear by it though. Since I started doing them on the Weber kettle with some hickory chips, we haven't even thought of going to a steakhouse. They are nice and pink all the way through. Here is a pic of my last ribeye.

Old 02-13-2014, 10:12 PM   #23
Bagman
On the road to being a farker

Wife will be out of town for the weekend. Took her to dinner last night to celebrate V day. Friday night gotta paint the boat and get it ready for the show in March. Saturday i will make myself a nice slab of ribs and enjoy the down time.
Concrete block whole hog pit
Bagman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2014, 07:22 AM   #24
Drunk Monkey
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Drunk Monkey

The preggers wife has been talking about Outback cheese fries all week. But she doesn't want to go out. Sooooo we are getting take out...... from Outback........

Old 02-14-2014, 07:59 AM   #25
DOponds
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Wifey wants some ribeyes, so I decided do whole grilled onion , steak and some bbq shrimps. Is it time for dinner yet?
DOponds is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2014, 08:42 AM   #26
Smoothsmoke
Babbling Farker

Caribbean comfort food. Braised oxtails, coconut rice, sweet plantains and a bottle of Justin.
A bunch of Webers
Smoothsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2014, 09:26 AM   #27
HankB
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16Adams View Post
... A Godiva white chocolate bar under her pillow.
I was on my way to Fannie May to pick up some chocolates like I usually do. About half a block from the store I detoured by about 100 yards and turned into the parking lot for Binney's. I went in and asked the clerk what I needed for a chocolate martini. He recommended Godiva liqueur and vanilla flavored vodka. It's ridiculously expensive (Not compared to Maker's Mark I suppose) but we won't drink it all in one night. They also had an espresso flavored vodka so I got a bottle of that too. We'll have to see whether vanilla or coffee makes a better chocolate martini.

As for dinner, SWMBO has requested salmon. Unfortunately our training schedule calls for 6 miles today which she'll do after work, getting her home too late for dinner. I'll grill the salmon tomorrow along with some asparagus and zucchini and maybe broccoli.

Old 02-14-2014, 09:32 AM   #28
bander7003
Full Fledged Farker

Nothing specific for Valentine's day. We don't really celebrate. (Although I did do a Valentine's Day scavenger hunt for the kids today. They loved it more than if I'd bought them $100 in toys. I loved it because it was free and because they loved it.)

I'm "saving calories" for the brisket that I'm smoking on Monday in honor of our Presidents. So for me tonight it's grilled salmon, baked spaghetti squash, maybe a salad. Will probably throw a filet mignon on the grill for the wifey. Fortuntately for her (and me), I'm the only fat one in the family. She can eat complete garbage and lose weight. I have to work for every pound.

Klose 24x50 BYC
Backwoods Fatboy
Weber Kettle
[COLOR=blue]Rock Chalk Jayhawk Blue[/COLOR][COLOR=black] Thermapen[/COLOR]
Weber Gasser (out of gas)
bander7003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2014, 09:55 AM   #29
pmad
is One Chatty Farker

Beef Soto
Panko Shrimp
Creamed spinach
Polenta fries

Molton chocolate cakes w/ fresh raspberries

2004 Silver Oak
pmad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2014, 10:42 AM   #30
Harbormaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

T-Bone for me, bacon wrapped filet for her.
Asparagus w/ garlic sauteed in cast iron on the grill.
2 scallops also seared in cast iron on the grill.
Maybe baked potatoes too.

Gonna be a late dinner, she's working the home basketball game tonight.
Brinkman Cimmaron.
"For when democracy becomes tyranny, those of us with rifles still get to vote"
Harbormaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ribeye, steak, valentine