Cooking Class Swamp Boys Competition Class

Rub

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
This is something I've been asked about doing several times in the past couple of years but couldn't bring myself to do it the traditional way. Contrary to what some classes advertise, I just can't put my exact rub, sauce, and flavor profiles out there. I don't have the stones to do it :shock:.

But what I can and will do is go over all I know about every aspect of a BBQ contest, from buying meats through turn-ins, and everything in between. And to make it all even better, I've solicited the help of some of the top BBQ product companies in the country: 3 Eyz BBQ, BBQr’s Delight, Billy Bones BBQ, Butcher’s BBQ, Butt Rub, Dizzy Pig, Head Country, HomeBBQ.com, The Old Smokehouse, Pork Pullin Plowboys, The Slabs, Spicewine Ironworks, Rib Stars. These companies will provide us with some of their of products to use for the class. These products represent some of the ones that are helping teams across the country excel at competitions.

I'm not making any guarantees, but if you can't pick up some good information at this class, then you just aren't paying attention.
icon_smile_wink.gif

I am still finalizing a couple of details, the location being one. I am looking at central to north-central FL. I should know within a week.

You can read a little more about it here: http://www.swampboys.com/Competition%20Cook%20Class.htm

Applications will be up very soon.

Twenty nine spots left...

Good luck Rub!

You are missing Smokin' Guns Hot though!!! ;)

Scottie

Hey Rub,

Sounds Great ... I would suggest 3 different classes (FL, GA & AL). You might think about making it at a FBA Event city and have it starting with enough time for your class plus a couple hours prior to Cook's Meeting 5pm Friday. You could get with the organizer and get permission for anyone in the contest to arrive and set-up a day early. Thier plus is more Teams entered than if no class in this economic times.

Just a thought.

who got the first spot....lol, so you have a date in mind?
A local guy got it for his birthday present. The dates are March 5-6.

Scottie, I emailed them but never heard back :(

We'll see how the first one goes Jim...

Wow I am gonna have to consider this. Maybe I can get it for my birthday too. Would only be a few days early. :) Probably get to see Jimmy too. Got family down there too. They've been asking us to come down. Wow this is sounding like a go. Heck Pops can watch the kids. :)

I might have to sign up. Will you be sharing what you do with the parkay spray bottles? :icon_shy Sorry, I should not have let that slip out.

Thanks

Come on down Skip, love to have you. Should be a little warmer here by then.:cool:

TK, shhh, top secret.

Applications are up: http://www.swampboys.com/images/ClassApplication.pdf

Location has been confirmed. Class will be held at Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park and Campground, in Live Oak FL, which is within 5 miles of I-10 and I-75 for easy access.
http://www.musicliveshere.com
Your RV space for Friday night with 30amp hookup and water is included in the class price. There are dump stations on site. If you are not staying at one of the RV sites, you will need to reserve your own room. Tell them you are with the BBQ class for a 10% discount. I will work on a hotel discount if needed.

I will add this to my website later today. In the mean time please confirm with me as soon as you know your intentions so I can make the proper arrangements :)

Probably not Scott.

Picked up a new sponsor this weekend - Budweiser!
There will be a free beer trailer there for those who like it
icon_smile_big.gif

Looks like there's folks coming in from MA, MD, and now TX!
This is shaping up nicely
icon_smile.gif

If you're wanting to do this but haven't registered yet, don't delay or you may miss out.
I am advertising it big time this weekend at the Lakeland Pig Fest, which typically has 30,000+ BBQ enthusiasts.

Just my luck. That's the weekend of my anniversary and already made plans out of town. @$#*@^$^#&@^$@

Hopefully next time. Good luck on Saturday. I'll be out there for awards time, stuck at work , on call Friday/Saturday.

Thom, I think it's probably Jax:
Jacksonville International-Jax
(904) 741-2000
93.3 mi – about 1 hour 30 mins

Back