2.25 lb. Ribeye with Blue Cheese Compound Butter

Great looking pics. I love the color. Are you using some sort of filter or edit the settings on the color?
Thank you Terry. I took these pictures on my patio where I have some great light. No special filter but I do have a nice Canon EOS 70D with a decent lens. (Not an "L Glass" lens) I set my camera on a Tripod and set it to live view shooting. I then frame my picture in the LCD touch screen and set the delayed shutter feature to fire 2 seconds after I touch the screen where I want it to focus. (This to reduce any vibration) I take a number of pictures from different angles and then upload them all to my computer. Unfortunately my new computer doesn’t have any photo editing on it (yet) so I go thru my pictures and choose which photo to upload to Flicker or Photobucket. I then choose with photos will be my plated shots and edit them there. The editing process is just to touch up the lighting (Brightness) and / or tint (Saturation and / or Warmth). This helps enhance the color but doesn’t change it. Hope this helps.

Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing.

Couple of questions:

How long and what temp for the Sous Vide Brussel Sprouts? I need to try that! Technique sounds great!

Did you get a final temp for the internal of the Rib Eye?

Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing.

Couple of questions:

How long and what temp for the Sous Vide Brussel Sprouts? I need to try that! Technique sounds great!

Did you get a final temp for the internal of the Rib Eye?
Thank you SoCalWSJ.

The Brussels Sprouts were in the Sous Vide for an hour at 130. I'll do it longer and at a higher temp next time as this didn't get me to where I wanted them. I did this as the smaller sprouts are tougher and take longer to start to wilt. As I said I was giving them a head start.

No I didn't get a final I.T. on it. I'm going to guess that it was approximately 133.

Thank you SoCalWSJ.

The Brussels Sprouts were in the Sous Vide for an hour at 130. I'll do it longer and at a higher temp next time as this didn't get me to where I wanted them. I did this as the smaller sprouts are tougher and take longer to start to wilt. As I said I was giving them a head start.

No I didn't get a final I.T. on it. I'm going to guess that it was approximately 133.

Thanks!
Been looking at various sous vide recipes for BS this morning and I'm seeing 180 for an hour or so, but they didn't appear to cut theirs in half first and I'm not sure how big of a factor that is.

Trying to figure out a way to do Sous Vide Chicken and SV BS for dinner.

I wonder if I can water bath the BS early and let them sit for awhile while the temp comes down and the chicken takes a bath, they fry them up while I grill the chicken..... not sure if they'd just turn to mush.

Thanks!
Been looking at various sous vide recipes for BS this morning and I'm seeing 180 for an hour or so, but they didn't appear to cut theirs in half first and I'm not sure how big of a factor that is.

Trying to figure out a way to do Sous Vide Chicken and SV BS for dinner.

I wonder if I can water bath the BS early and let them sit for awhile while the temp comes down and the chicken takes a bath, they fry them up while I grill the chicken..... not sure if they'd just turn to mush.
That sounds more like what it will take to really get them to cook in the Sous Vide bath. As I said Next time I'll try a much higher temp as what I did really didn't do much.

I cut them in half ti try and cut down the cooking time. The little sprouts are tougher and take longer to soften up. Bigger ones seem to soften up faster, at least that is my experience. I assume that is because they are less dense. See below for size comparison.
Smaller ones.

Bigger ones.

Last edited:
That sopunds more like what it will take to really get them to cook in the Sous Vide bath. As I said Next time I'll try a much higher temp as what I did really didn't do much.

I cut them in half ti try and cut down the cooking time. The little sprouts are tougher and take longer to soften up. Bigger ones seem to soften up faster, at least that is my experience. I assume that is because they are less dense. See below for size comparison.
Smaller ones.

Bigger ones.
Makes sense.
Decided to go at 145 for about 2.5 hours since that's the temp I'm doing the Chicken. Hope it works out.

Ahhhhhh - the joys of figuring out new techniques.....:rolleyes:

Back