quick thigh ?

thillin

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
How long should I if I brine thighs for the kettle? Thinking high heat smoking or wood grilling. I need them as juicy as possible. Was planning a simple brine. Chicken it to be shredded into floutas. Gonna try a test run tonight.

Ty

An hour or two should do it. I'm working on brining two whole chickens tonight for cooking tomorrow.

brine

Thillin,

I have used a brine several times, just make sure you dont leave it in the mixture to long or it gets mushy!!! I would go with grilling it...

I usually brine dark meat for less time, personally. I think Mike's right that an hour or two will do the trick. And I also concur with the high heat proposition. That should put you in pretty good shape.

An hour in the brine for pieces is fine. Grill them indirect until they are close to the internal temp you're looking for and then put them skin side down over the coals to crisp them.

I think an hour is ok but I would go only 30 minutes. Thighs are dark meat and do not dry out as fast as the white meat does. Thighs are pretty forgiving.

Back