Cooking with Andy, Todd & Steph

Rookie'48

Quintessential Chatty Farker
..... or at least cooking with some of their products :becky:.
I had three 8 pound butts, 4 racks of loin backs & one rack of spares that were begging to be cooked. I also had some of Andy's Pork Marinade & Injection, Plowboys Yardbird, Plowboys Jerk and Slabs Kyle Style Sauce.
I trimmed out the butts and injected with the Smoke on Wheels marinade. The directions call for 1 ounce per pound of pork and I had one 16 ounce bottle and 24 pounds of butts so I just went a bit lighter on the injection than normal. I gave the butts a medium-light rub of Yardbird and let them rest for about three hours in the fridge. Then they went on the UDS at 225* using K-ford blue with mesquite & pecan chunks for about 6 hours when they hit 155* and then I wrapped them in foil & put them back on until reaching 195* to 200* when they went into the warm cooler.
The ribs each got a light rub of Yardbird before resting overnight in the fridge. In the morning they got a second light rub down with Plowboys Jerk Seasoning before the went into the rib racks on the drum. I let them cook for right at three hours then foiled them with brown sugar and margarine for about 1.5 hours, then back on the trash can to firm them up for about another 45 minutes.
Both the pulled & the ribs were served with the Slabs sauce on the side. The whole family gathering (about 15 people) said that it was one of the best cooks that I have ever done --- and I agree :thumb:.
For some reason my pics of the finished ribs won't load, so here' one of them in the trash can.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 77
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 77
Back