• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Peg Leg Porker Visit

thunter

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I was in Nashville this past weekend celebrating my 1 year dating anniversary with my girlfriend, and we stopped by Peg Leg to get some Q! We had dry rubbed ribs, pulled pork and some banana pudding. [emoji4]

9c8e63c5f91414db73e3aecb82bf6ccf.jpg

1c68ced9d34b4973846f2d3461e31779.jpg

1e9bb6c2e91f82cf8aaf1123014a8c9d.jpg

ab16c4d80a31bacf88000a16bbb77a22.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am reminded of the old joke with the punchline, “Tarnation, boy! If a pig saved your life three times, would you eat him all at once?”

Well, a couple of you guys want to know what I think. It was nice visiting the restaurant. Great atmosphere and fun to be in. The dry rubbed ribs were good. The dry rub itself has a great flavor, but the ribs themselves were good, just not great. The pulled pork was a little bland. The Mac and Cheese was tasty but the baked beans were off the chain! The banana pudding was also very good. My girlfriend thinks my thoughts are super generous - she says she expected more. I don’t bash bbq joints because it’s hard to find Q that stands up to what we do in our backyards, but I had a great time and it was not a waste of my time or money. I would definitely say it’s worth trying for yourself. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I live in the Nashville area - BBQ here is average. Kind of the reason I got so into making my own stuff. Hot chicken is great though if you can handle the heat.

Yeah, I live in the Nashville area - BBQ here is average. Kind of the reason I got so into making my own stuff. Hot chicken is great though if you can handle the heat.

HG. just curious what you think of Edleys.

I mentioned them in the Hatties thread, but I'd like your opinion as a local

Thanks

Thanks, Tony. I have often found BBQ anyplace I eat out to be short of amazing, but I get really excited about a good dish of baked beans. It actually does make or break the entire meal for me.

Back