• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My Double Rubbed Brisket

peppasawce

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I decided to do a Brisket and I have done one other that I did the conventional way... Which is fat side up and Dry rubbed.... Well I added a lil twist , at least it is to me since I know others have probably done a Brisket this way...
I cut the fat cap off the brisket, then I cut most of the fat from around the point area and along the sides also!!! I then took my Rub and liberally rubbed it in all sides then I rubbed both sides of the Fat Cap which still had some meat attached to it...It was also stuffed with 4 cloves of Garlic cut into slices... Then I placed the Fat Cap back over the meat... Rapped it, put it into the Refrigerater for 24 Hours...
I took the Brisket out of the Fridge...I let the Brisket adjust a little to room temperature for 2 Hours... I then got my UDS Fire Basket ready with Raoyal Oaks Lump, PLum Wood Chunks, and Cherry Wood Chunks because I like mine Smokey LOL!!! I got the fire up to 250 Degrees then in went the Brisket... I also made Beef Broth and poured it on the Brisket then put it back in the UDS for 1 Hour... It took all of 7 Hours to Que... I think it turned out very juicey... Peppa#####!!! :thumb:

A Brisket Smoke #2 001.jpg
A Brisket Smoke #2 002.jpg
A Brisket Smoke #2 003.jpg
A Brisket Smoke #2 004.jpg
A Brisket Smoke #2 005.jpg

Last edited:
Dude.

Take the fat cap, re-rub it with more rub, and smoke it again. It's speck, and the best stuff ever.

Peppasawce it looks perfect! Great looking hunka beef. :becky:

Thats interesting for sure and very good looking!

I do have one question, or more food for thought (since I cant chomp on your brisket at the moment haha):
Why do you pull the brisket out of the refrigerator and let is sit for two hours if you like your brisket extra smoky? The reason I ask is because I was under the impression the meat can accept more of the smoke ring or more smoke during the beginning of the cook? A colder piece of meat could then absorb more?

Also how much did that thing weigh?

mikeTron I knew that someone was going to ask your question concerning pulling the meat out the Fridge for 2Hours....Well it is just, but learned, and not right off the top of my head simple cooking etiquette...I took Home Economics while in High school(and yessir I was the only boy in there too LOL)....My Instructor, She taught us to never ever take cold meat directly out of the Fridge to Cook!!! Never ever... It is called Tempering, and U should learn this... And my friend cold meat directly from the fridge does not except more of the Smoke... Room temperature meat does!!! Try it and you will never turn back... And mikeTron that Brisket was a 12 Pounder that was reduced to 10 Lbs. after it was trimmed of the fat!!!
And thanks for the great comments from Brother Phubar, and Brother BossHawg...And there will be more cooking pron from me in the future...We are gonna finish that Briskey off today...Best one yet for me!!! peppa#####

Last edited:
Back