Leftovers 101...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
So...what do you do with all those leftovers sittin' there your freezer? This is my first post on what I plan to do with all that cryosucked goodness...:cool:

First up...Baby Back Ribs...

...I had a rack or so leftover from a party we did a couple of weeks ago...I took them out of the cryo and wrapped them in foil along with 1/4 cup apple juice. I put them in a 275 degree oven for one hour then opened the foil and re-glazed...about 15 minutes or so later I added a side of beans and some slaw...bingo...supper! Tasted like they came right off the smoker...:cool:

Leftovers001.jpg

Leftovers003.jpg

Leftovers005.jpg

Next up...leftover Brisket and Pork Butt...:biggrin:

I have some Ribs and Brisket that I was thinking of cutting the brisket into 6-7 inch long squares and taking the bones out of the ribs. Making Corn Dogs out of the Brisket and the Rib meat instead of using Hot Dogs. Going to try it for a Superbowl treat. BBQ sauce instead of Ketchup & Mustard.

Dan

I like the way both of you think...........:eusa_clap

Last edited:
For brisket I make chili, steak and cheese subs, Mexican dish’s. for ribs I debone and make (also pulled pork) sweet and sour pork stew, chili, and Mexican fair.

Stuff ingredients in puff pastry for homemade hot pockets. Mexican version is mix meat with taco seasoning, salsa, rice, black olives, etc. and roll in puff pastry like a burrito and bake @ 400 for 20 mins or until golden brown.

Bam…hot pocket.

Sorry no pic's ut it did happen:wink:

Leftovers 101 is an excellent idea JD. It seems that more goes into the freezer than comes out. The ideas are already rolling here.

Leftovers 101 is an excellent idea JD. It seems that more goes into the freezer than comes out. The ideas are already rolling here.

Thanks man...that's the general idea! :p I'll be doing brisket chili and pulled pork nachos from leftovers for Superbowl Sunday...:cool: Go Saints! :biggrin:

JD, we do stir fry with leftovers, if they last that long. We normally leave the meat in the foodsaver bags and boil them, unopened, and it tastes almost like it just came off the smoker. Put all these trimmings in beans, chili, tacos, lasagna, tamales, .....or just a muchy snak, is great. This could be a throwdown! Well, someone besides me would have to pick it. LOL

Are leftovers leftover if you plan them. Like I make 10 hamburgers even though there are only 3 of us. We put 7 in the fridge for lunches and my son's after work meal.

I like Brisket Chili mmmmmm.

Are leftovers leftover if you plan them. Like I make 10 hamburgers even though there are only 3 of us. We put 7 in the fridge for lunches and my son's after work meal.

Same here.

That is a good question, I think they are not if they don't hit the table. I often make something a day or two ahead on purpose.

Most definitely! :p

Back