MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 12-31-2004, 04:23 PM   #1
Bellybro
is one Smokin' Farker

Default BW3 Plainfield, IL & Chi Town Greek Town

Had lunch with Bill and Greg today in Plainfield.

Was awesome meeting them both!

Couldn't think of a better way to end / start a new year than spending it with a couple of new brothers.

Will post pictures whenever I can get them to download.

BTW Mums the word on what we talked to you about mr. Kick!

Belly Brothers BBQ Team
2007, 2008 and 2010 Best BBQ Team in Boone County, MOFO Country.
Pull Behind Grill and Spicewine Smoker.
Weber Silver Kettle
Mega Margarita Machine
Bellybro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-31-2004, 04:44 PM   #2
Bill-Chicago
somebody shut me the fark up.

Location: Chicago Southwestern Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.
Name/Nickname : Professor Dickweed
Default Midwest Wing Bash

Got back few hours ago from a mini bar bash.

Greg (parrothead), John (BellyBro), Dave, TBird and I at Buffalo Wild wings.

Great time.

Wings (medium) were okay. Ultimate Nachos where good too. Drinks were good, and the burgers I would say were good enough for me, for a trip back.

But the best thing was spending time with Greg and Belly during the holiday.

And Solidkick..... man do we have LOTS to say about Solidkick.

I thought I knew him before, but now, I know tons. One word. WOW.

One visual, Jim Belushi, 1978 SNL News Update. "Here Comes Skylab!"

I had issues this a.m. My mother threw a wrench in the works, and I was late. No sauce, no bacon buns, no nothing.

Belly cracks out bags of stuff. I had planned on that, but got sidetracked.

I'll make it up to you bro.

Belly's family and I are taking in a Bulls game tomorrow. Can't wait to see the look on his sons face. That should make my day.

I also needed 3 Zanex today to come out of a znxiety attack. Spent the morning yelling at my best friend. Sorry Phil.

I always tell my family, I only yell at the people I love :?

Well, it was a great way to end 2004, with some brothers, and I can't wait till tomorrow, to start the year with a brother too!

The death of "willkat98"

Me: If you aren't woke, that means you're still sleeping, right?
Kid today: That's racist!

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven, Black Iron BBQ Viper-M, Blackstone 36" Griddle
Bill-Chicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 04:56 PM   #3
Solidkick

Quote:
And Solidkick..... man do we have LOTS to say about Solidkick.

I thought I knew him before, but now, I know tons. One word. WOW.

One visual, Jim Belushi, 1978 SNL News Update. "Here Comes Skylab!"
One thing you should know about BellyBro and BellyDave, them two can LIE to you with a straight face!! If anyone has any "dirt" on me, it would be those two. BUT>>>>>I CAN do the same thing!!

Sounds like the girls (not you) got about a "month's" supply of Show Me sauce.

Have a great day tomorrow, I'm hoping I can pick up the game somewhere on TV and maybe get a glimpse of you. L'il Belly will be the one with his mouth open and BellyBro and you will be the one's with the teeth shining!

------------------------------------------------
Belly Brothers BBQ Team

"Sister Flame" Spicewine Trailer Smoker,Modified Bandera, Uni-Flame Chicken Cooker with a Spicewine Thermometer mod,Kingsford Barrel cooker and a super fast RED thermapen

KC always said "fat cap up!!
Solidkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 07:24 PM   #4
parrothead

What a good time. It's always fun meeting a brother for the first time. And even better seeing one you again that you have already met.

Dave, you better take John to Portillo's before he leaves for home.

American Picker Blog
parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 09:16 PM   #5
tommykendall
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
One thing you should know about BellyBro and BellyDave, them two can LIE to you with a straight face!! If anyone has any "dirt" on me, it would be those two.
Too funny
Old 01-02-2005, 06:57 PM   #6
Bill-Chicago

Belly Bro, I changed the name on this thread so you can add to it. BW3 was what Buffalo Wild Wings used to be called.

BellyBro had a bit of a Chi Town, Greek Town experience, but that is his story. Here is mine.

BellyBro, his wife, his 19yr old and his 14yr old (forgive me if #'s are wrong) took in a Chicago Bulls verus the Orlando Magic game on New Years. My wife and I joined then, but circumstances led my kids to stay at home. We were in the 5th and 6th row, mid court.

Greg has been to one of these games too. You (one) just have to sit back in awe for a few moments as you take in the sheer size of these giant players. Even the white guys are big. (not a slam, for I am 6'4" and I would qualify as the shortest)

First off, great game. I am ashamed and embarassed to admit that I forgot Bellybro's wifes name. A basketball game is not the best place to meet people, as you as all huddling over seats. Anyway, I immediately decided we needed to switch seats (from past experience). Put the wifes together, then BellyBro and I. I did not mind him sitting next to my wife. I wasnt' to fond of him rubbing her leg though :)

Anywho, John and I spent the next 3 hours have a great time. I personally loved looking at Johns kids and seeing the shear delight in their eyes.

Then they dropped hats from a giant blimp. We missed one by rows.

Then they threw T shirst out of the rafters with little parachutes. One was coming down straight for us. At the last minute, John and I stood up, reached out, and grabbed it. He and I were both taller than the people behind us. John had a good hold on it, and ended up with a great souvenier.

Our wifes chatted and got along great the whole time. They had plenty to talk about, and found alot of common ground. I won't go into that here, but Kathleen found alot of comfort in the things Johns wife had to say.

The sad thing, because of the noise level, we both missed out on Mrs. Belly's name. John, PM me all your names, as we definitely will need to keep in touch.

Because of my unfortunate family issues, we ended up with extra tickets. A disadvantaged kid that had a standing room only seat sat in one of the two open seats for a while. He didnt know they were ours. He kept looking over his shoulder, waiting to get kicked out. I reached over, handed him one of the $85 tickets for the seat he was sitting in, and said, stay there for the rest of the game. No one can throw you out of that seat, its yours. Made me feel good to do that. He was going to sit there anyway, but once I gave him the ticket, he seemed truly greatful. He took off his jacket and enjoyed the game with us.

Short story. Great game, better yet, great people. Told my wife when we got home, I want to move to a place with people like that.

And I still got to understand what to do with a country ham. John gave me a giant ham that I still dont know what to do with. I'll open a Q talk thread for suggestions.

Thanks John, for the sauce, the ham, and for helping me welcome the new year with some quality friends and family.

You are a true brother.

The death of "willkat98"

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven, Black Iron BBQ Viper-M, Blackstone 36" Griddle
Old 01-02-2005, 07:16 PM   #7
parrothead

I'm gonna cry. Then get out my red pen. Love you guys. Glad ya had a goodgame. We saw the score after the game and remembered that you guys were there.

American Picker Blog
Old 01-02-2005, 10:38 PM   #8
Jorge

Life can get get complicated but in the end it comes down to that game. It's all about friends and family. Thanks for sharing Bill!

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 07:41 AM   #9
Solidkick

Quote:
Told my wife when we got home, I want to move to a place with people like that.
So........what's keeping you? The MoFos have open arms for ya........

I could run wild with this thread, making it even longer than Bill's. The people you were with this weekend ARE my family, (along with the rest of the inlaws and outlaws.) Some things about this bunch: You know you are loved. You know someone's always got your back.
You know someone's thinking of you. You know you are blessed.

Thanks for a great report! The "family" does a 4th of July party every year, and this party wasn't invented in Illinois..... It might do you good to get some of that Chicago soot off of ya for a couple of days..........

Belly Brothers BBQ Team

"Sister Flame" Spicewine Trailer Smoker,Modified Bandera, Uni-Flame Chicken Cooker with a Spicewine Thermometer mod,Kingsford Barrel cooker and a super fast RED thermapen

Old 01-03-2005, 07:25 PM   #10
Bill-Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidkick

Thanks for a great report! The "family" does a 4th of July party every year, and this party wasn't invented in Illinois..... It might do you good to get some of that Chicago soot off of ya for a couple of days..........
Interesting....

The death of "willkat98"

Old 01-03-2005, 08:35 PM   #11
tommykendall
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
I reached over, handed him one of the $85 tickets for the seat he was sitting in, and said, stay there for the rest of the game. No one can throw you out of that seat, its yours. Made me feel good to do that. He was going to sit there anyway, but once I gave him the ticket, he seemed truly greatful. He took off his jacket and enjoyed the game with us.

Short story. Great game, better yet, great people.
Bill - you were one of the great people. Nice touch.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:02 PM   #12
parrothead

You have felt his touch, eh?

American Picker Blog
Old 01-04-2005, 11:46 AM   #13
Bellybro
is one Smokin' Farker

Well finally back to somewhat normal and back to work today to get on a computer that doesn't hang up on me.

As you all have read above we had a great visit over the New Years to the Chicago area.

All I can say is WOW!

My family really enjoyed the game and as Bill mentions above I think our wives hit it off pretty good.

It was awesome to see the smile on that little boys face when Bill handed him the ticket! He was so thankful and polite. He asked Bill his name and reached his hand out to shake Bill's ahnd and said Thanks alot man!

Anyway, we got downtown earlier in the afternoon so we could drive around and see the sights. My son was overwhelmed with the tall buildings I think. He said he wants to live up in the top of one of those buildingd someday. Who knows maybe he will. We found our way to Greek Town and paid $6.00 to park so we could get out and walk around to find a restaraunt. Stopped by a couple nicer looking restaraunts and looked at the menu's. Son and Daughter turned their noses up at the menu's, didn't recognize anything. Son saw lamb on the menu and said out loud, "Dad these people eat lamb!" I said, "Of course haven't you ever had a gyro?" "No" was his reply. Anyway walked on down the street and found a more relaxed atmosphere walk in place called "Mr. Gyro" They had hamburgers on the menu so the son was happy. Son ordered cheeseburger, which he is still talking about, and daughter had a philly cheesesteak which was huge, a greek salad for the wife and a gyro for me and everyone was happy! And the price was really reasonable I think all the sandwiches with fries and a drink were $5.00, and they were huge helpings!

Then we made our way back to the United Center to check out the statue of Michael Jordon and Get some Pictures. Then went in and checked out the displays and the bands that were playing throught out the concourse. They have a display with baskeballs with different players hands molded into them so you can put your hand in the imprint and get an idea just how big these guys hands are. They had Shaq, MJ, Dr. J, Karl Malone, just to mention a few. Also got the son's picture taken with life size pictures of Shaq and Allen Iverson.

Son also took who knows how many pictures of the game from the seats as well. Focusing in on Grant Hill and Steve Francis, Kirk Heinricht, and Eddie Curry.

The halftime show was awesome as well. It was a group of inner city kids that I believe the Illinois Secretarty of State works with. They do tumbling and acrobatics. It was awesome!!! Was a very cool show, those kids were really good.

I can only echo the sentiment of Bill saying that I couldn't think of a better way to spend the first day of the new year! Thank you again for the great company! And for letting me have the t-shirt!!!!!

Belly Brothers BBQ Team
Weber Silver Kettle
Mega Margarita Machine
Old 01-04-2005, 11:47 AM   #14
Bellybro
is one Smokin' Farker

Oh yeah! Will try to get pictures posted soon!!!!

Belly Brothers BBQ Team
Weber Silver Kettle
Mega Margarita Machine
Old 01-04-2005, 09:50 PM   #15
Solidkick

Quote:
Will post pictures whenever I can get them to download.
Quote:
Oh yeah! Will try to get pictures posted soon!!!!
Pictures are posted, follow this link..........

http://www.bandera-brethren.com/modu...view_album.php

Belly Brothers BBQ Team