What is it?

The Pig's Blanket

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Ok so Itook a little chance on this today I found it while looking for a Cambro. I know it needs a major bath and detailed out a little but It looks similar to a cambro except it has some vents? It also has the spot in the back that takes a sterno?

Will it work as a Cambro? what was it sold for?

Looks like a portable hot-box. Are those slots on the walls of the interior? If so it probably held racks to place pans of food on. That's my guess!

Hell yes it would work on some BBQ!!! It may be tough to regulate temperature where the heat source is a single sterno but if you pulled some pork or chicken, tossed it with a touch of sauce or liquid, covered it nice and tight with plastic wrap and slapped it in there it would do the trick. Brisket and ribs may be a bit less forgiving if left too long. If it gets too hot and left in there for long it would basically steam the meat. They are ideal for baked beans or most potatoe dishes.

it can also be used for a proofing oven with a single sterno or tray of boiling water.

be careful though, it gets hot as hell after a few hours of use. I used them for catering and 1 - keep a tray of water directly above the heat source..2 - if u load it with hot food AND put the sterno under it, it will continue to cook.

Yup Hot Box. Had one exactly like it in the restaurant but it was electric.

it can also be used for a proofing oven with a single sterno or tray of boiling water.

be careful though, it gets hot as hell after a few hours of use. I used them for catering and 1 - keep a tray of water directly above the heat source..2 - if u load it with hot food AND put the sterno under it, it will continue to cook.

Not sure what a proofing oven is? lol

Back