Parsley Question

Ryan Abood

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Would it be OK to use parsley stems only in a box? Or use parsley stem, unseen, under the meat to prop it up?

I would think it would technically be legal in KCBS but using only the stems would make for a very odd looking presentation. As far as stems under the meat again would be legal, you might want to make sure there are still a few leaves left on it to identify it as parsley.

I would probably vote the other way and say it would be illegal. You could almost make the case that it would be identifiable, no?

“The container shall not be marked in any way so as to make the container unique or identifiable.”

I dont know - good question.

I've used parsley stems as a base in a box or two, when I ran out of lettuce and had a big pile of stems laying there, but they were just a base to hold the tops in place. I can't image ONLY using stems.. can't see how that would enhance the look of the meat.

Just a question bro, but why do you think only parsley stems would look attractive? It might be cool, who knows. Do a sample box and see what it looks like.

woven-mat-1.jpg

surely weaved parsley stems would be considered marking.

incredibly cool yes...but still a 1.

Back