MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:07 PM   #1651
Hoppy
Full Fledged Farker

Will your HD Allow you to have a Trailer Pit under some sort of Lean-To or Shelter that could help you out with meeting demands?

[B]If Ya Got'em Smoke'm![/B]

Yoder Custom Chisholm II
Weber Gold
Awesome Wife, Co-Cook and Best Friend
Hoppy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-20-2014, 09:34 PM   #1652
mchar69
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
They are really good after sitting overnight, but amazing after another day or two.

"The longer they sit, the better they git."
No Lie.
mchar69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-20-2014, 11:01 PM   #1653
Memphis Que
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marubozo View Post
Don't tell my wife, but a 70" TV is coming to the pig this week. It's going to be epic.
That seems like an awfully big TV for that size space. Be careful that you don't run off any customers with it. I think that most people who go to a restaurant, as opposed to something like a sports bar, go there to eat and not to watch TV.
Memphis Que is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-21-2014, 10:05 AM   #1654
dadsr4
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis Que View Post
That seems like an awfully big TV for that size space. Be careful that you don't run off any customers with it. I think that most people who go to a restaurant, as opposed to something like a sports bar, go there to eat and not to watch TV.
They tend to keep me away from some restaurants. Plus, do you really want customers to hang around after eating, filling up your tables watching TV?

Thanks from: --->
Old 04-21-2014, 12:12 PM   #1655
crimsonaudio

Agree with both above, not sure why you'd want to add a TV...
crimsonaudio is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-21-2014, 01:50 PM   #1656
GoolsbyMD
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marubozo View Post
Don't tell my wife, but a 70" TV is coming to the pig this week. It's going to be epic.
Offer up some of that home brew Russian imperial stout to go with that TV and bbq.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:29 PM   #1657
bwsawman

I would pass on the TV. Our pizza hut just did a remodel and now they have several tvs and it has a sports bar feel to it. It's a cold atmosphere now instead of a nice warm one.
Several people I know like the old place a lot better.

I would spend money to help things go smoother & easier for you instead of $$ on a T.V.
bwsawman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-21-2014, 09:30 PM   #1658
aawa
Babbling Farker

TV's in dining establishments are ok if there is a separate bar area and enough seating to accomodate people that want to sit for a while.

Seeing as your place has very limited seating, your goal is to turn the tables over as many times as possible, as opposed to making an atmosphere of having people hang out longer than it would to eat their meal. People will sit around for hours on game day taking up tables that other guests will need/want.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:10 AM   #1659
delarob
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammmed View Post
Can I just say that everytime you post a pic the food looks great but makes the portion size look so tiny. can you post it zoomed in or grouped together to make it at least appear larger?
If they ever make an app that allows aroma with the posts, I'm done.
delarob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2014, 10:23 AM   #1660
Haveuseen1?
Full Fledged Farker

There is a fantastic BBQ place just about 2 miles from my work. They do an unreal amount of business, and it is small. Seating is at a premium, although they do have a little screened in area where you can seat about 20. You might can seat 20 inside, but I dont think so.

They do brisket, pork,ribs,hot links, and chicken. Sides are potato salad, cole slaw, and beans. He has two different pies for desert. You can get sandwhiches or plates. The most popular thing ordered is the 2 meat plate. You get any two meats with two sides, and a drink. The price is $17.39 per plate. He sells out of food every day. Most popular plate is Brisket/Hot link, with potato salad and beans.

Anytime you talke to someone about the place they will say the food is fantastic, but it is expensive. But the thing is they go back time and time again. Point is he turns those tables as fast as possible, and doesnt try to do everything. What he does he does right, and he is seeinig the rewards.

Sounds like you have the same opportunity, and that is great news.
Haveuseen1? is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2014, 10:27 AM   #1661
Haveuseen1?
Full Fledged Farker

I would guess this is ok to post this link. But it will give you an idea of what I am talking about.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...n_Alabama.html
Haveuseen1? is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2014, 10:43 AM   #1662
ButtBurner
Babbling Farker

I agree no TV!!

but I dont think he is reading our posts, he is not replying to any of our comments.
Member Great Lakes BBQ Assn
ServSafe Food Handler Certified
[URL]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Custom-Que/327994370697180?sk=timeline[/URL]
ButtBurner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2014, 10:55 AM   #1663
K-Train
is One Chatty Farker

The way I read it he already ordered the TV and was about to have installed, so reading posts about it being a bad idea are of little use at this time. Just my $.02
WSM 22.5
GMG Davy Crockett
K-Train is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2014, 11:00 AM   #1664
ButtBurner
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Train View Post
The way I read it he already ordered the TV and was about to have installed, so reading posts about it being a bad idea are of little use at this time. Just my $.02
its not just that.

no responses to many other ideas and suggestions through out this thread.

Not a big deal. I am sure he is just busy
Member Great Lakes BBQ Assn
ServSafe Food Handler Certified
[URL]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Custom-Que/327994370697180?sk=timeline[/URL]

Last edited by ButtBurner; 04-23-2014 at 11:17 AM..
ButtBurner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2014, 11:49 AM   #1665
bigun94
Found some matches.

Great thread! I stayed up way to late last night reading it.

I've often been told to open a restaurant but knew it would be a hard go. Nearly impossible for me with no capital.

Reading your thread confirms what I've heard all along you have to have the capital up front and reserves to sustain for a year to make it as a restaurant.

Seems like you've gotten a great start after a miserable beginning. Best of luck!
bigun94 is offline   Reply With Quote