MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #1
Butt Rubb'n BBQ
Take a breath!

Default Thanks to all in the GBA and not who helped.

Just would like to say Thank you to all who gave me such valuable info for my first GBA contest. Also would like to give a special Thank you to all the teams at the Plains contest who gave me advice and made me feel so welcome. It was extra special to me since I was there alone. I could not believe how nice and supportive every one was. What a great group of people. To round it all off I placed 2nd in butts and 12th in ribs.

Thanks again, Trey.
Butt Rubb'n BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 07-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #2
HolySmokersBBQ
Got rid of the matchlight.

Trey:

First of all CONGRATULATIONS!!! Getting a call period your first time out is stellar but to FINAL!?!? Dude you maybe new to the GBA scene but you have made it known that you are a force to be reckoned with. When we started out two years ago we were what some would call "clueless" but by sticking to what we DID know and what we managed to garner from our fellow cook teams we have improved drastically. I look forward to seeing you again at the State Championship on Sept. 7-8 in Fort Valley. Again Congratulations!

Daniel - Holy Smokers BBQ
HolySmokersBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #3
Pigs on Fire
Full Fledged Farker

Congrats! 2nd in pork in that field is something to be proud of.

I started to mention this last week and I'm not knocking your product at all by doing so now, but I have always been of the opinion that when something new comes across the table in GBA, if the food is decent in the box, it will hit hard.

Not saying that is solely the reason you hit finals, but keep that in mind.
Pigs on Fire is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #4
Lake Dogs
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Hance

AWESOME! Plenty of good competitors were there that day that didnt make finals at all, and a few great competitors rarely make finals at all... GREAT JOB, especially for a first-timer!!!

Lets not even mention the all-consuming heat. I had to stop and re-hydrate 3 times on the way home.
Was Lang 84DX, now Bubba Grills 250R and many Weber grills
Lake Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #5
olewarthog
Full Fledged Farker

Congrats again! It was great meeting you. Knowing that it was your first comp, I was excited to see your reaction when I presented you with your finals notice & box. It was priceless. Hope you see you often on the GBA trail.