Hello from the Indian Ocean

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brewnsmoke

I was directed here from Homebrewtalk. I am currently on deployment and I'm hoping to gain some BBQ/smoking knowledge for when I return home. I use a Traeger Texas Grill. I know it's cheating, but it'll have to do until I retire from the military and become more stable with time and housing.
Before coming on deployment I started researching how to make different sauces and cooking techniques. I'm sure I will gain much from this forum. I look forward to learning!! Hopefully, I can avoid some expensive :doh: mistakes.

You're gonna learn a lot here - there's plenty of folks on this site who use electric cookers so don't feel bad about it. Thanks for your service to our country and welcome to the site!

Welcome aboard brewnsmoke!

We have a whole buncha Traeger folks here making great Q, besides with a name like Texas Grill it's gotta cook good.

Thanks for your service.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I gotta say...I love the Traeger. It is very convenient. I know my wife wouldn't cook outdoors if she had to start up some coal though.

I was directed here from Homebrewtalk. I am currently on deployment and I'm hoping to gain some BBQ/smoking knowledge for when I return home. I use a Traeger Texas Grill. I know it's cheating, but it'll have to do until I retire from the military and become more stable with time and housing.
Before coming on deployment I started researching how to make different sauces and cooking techniques. I'm sure I will gain much from this forum. I look forward to learning!! Hopefully, I can avoid some expensive :doh: mistakes.

Welcome to the forum Brewnsmoke. Thank you for your service too. :cool:
I checked out homebrewtalk not long ago... looked like a nice place. I had trouble signing up but now that you've mentioned it I might try it again. Thanks for reminding me. :-D

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Welcome to the forum Brewnsmoke. Thank you for your service too. :cool:
I checked out homebrewtalk not long ago... looked like a nice place. I had trouble signing up but now that you've mentioned it I might try it again. Thanks for reminding me. :-D

We have a smoked meat area at HBT and Sawdustguy promoted this site and equated it that this site is to meat(smoking/BBQ) as HBT is to brewing. Exciting stuff. The wealth of info over there and I already see it here too. I have about 4 years before I retire from the Navy and would damn sure like to start going to brew/BBQ competitions.

Thanx for your service & welcome to our crazy little club house! There's quite a few of us here that use a Traeger 075 or some other form of "mini-stick" burner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back