Question on ribs?

MuddHonda

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
UDS should be finished this weekend will do a fatty first, then ribs later, will use a rub. It looks like most ribs have a sauce on them when do I put it on and should I use foil and when?

Sauce usually goes on the last 15 or so minutes of your cook. I don't cook on a UDS and I don't recall anyone using foil on the UDS. I do sometimes on my Backwoods when I use the 3-2-1 method of cooking. The times are approx. and you adjust to the way your cooker cooks. 3 hours on the cooker 2 hours in foil with some apple juice/cider vinegar 1 hour to firm them and finish. Hope this helps.

when to sausce ribs: I usually sauce them about 30 mins before I'm going to serve them. Let's the sauce get hot and forms a kind of glaze. You want to avoid cooking the ribs with sauce because they will over caramilze and can make the ribs appear burnt.

I foil my ribs about half way through the cooking process.

I agree with no sauce or foil,just a good rub.Each person has their own tastes, so just try out what you think you will like and go from there. Experimenting with new flavors is always intresting-some good-some not so good.:-D

This may sound crazy, but coat your ribs with mayonaise (I use Dukes) then dry rub. cook for 4hrs at 220, meat falls off bone.

what they said. i personally don't sauce-it's not a requirement.

Nor foil. :)

I agree with no sauce or foil,just a good rub.Each person has their own tastes, so just try out what you think you will like and go from there. Experimenting with new flavors is always intresting-some good-some not so good.:-D

Here's the fourth vote for no foil.

I usually don't sauce on the grill unless I'm the only one eating, I still hardly ever do. If there are others around while the cook is finishing up, I might take a poll and sauce for those that want it. If so, last 15 - 30 minutes of the cook depending on the sauce and grill temp.

Back