Pulled the trigger on brick & mortor today

Jeff Therrell

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Not wanting to spend another hot summer on the trailer everyday, we leased a small restaurant today. It is just remodeled and rewired and painted and it is only 1/2 mile from where we have had the trailer set up for a year and a half. Did I say it is AIRCONDITIONED. It's small only 8 tables with picnic tables outside and a nice size yard and a big parking lot. It also has all brand new equipment( which I had to buy from the last renter).

Best of luck to you. Post some pics and more info. Hickory, NC is just a road trip for me and I would love to come down and support a fellow brethren.

congrats! Hope you've talked to the local HD and fire marshall. I don't know NC, but in NY, if you're cooking for a restaurant, it needs to be cooked inside that restaurant. Hope all goes well! we just opened up on long island, ny. It's a wild ride.

Good Luck! lets see some pics!!

Sounds like a great opportunity, best of luck!

Cool, keep us posted on all the small details. I may be in your shoes in the next 3-5 years.

congrats! Hope you've talked to the local HD and fire marshall. I don't know NC, but in NY, if you're cooking for a restaurant, it needs to be cooked inside that restaurant. Hope all goes well! we just opened up on long island, ny. It's a wild ride.

In NC the smoker has to be inside a building, it can be outside the restaurant. It also has to have a hand wash sink in it. We are going to get an old hickory smoker and put a metal shed building around it, there is already a concrete pad with a drain in it.
Thanks for all the well wishes
Jeff Therrell
Sweetfire BBQ and Cajun Café.

Congrats and good luck. And, Pics, of course.
And an address.

Good choice of pits. I was in Illinois and Missouri looking at them last week. Good luck!

Back