MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-01-2013, 01:10 PM   #1
KC Transplant
Full Fledged Farker

Default Taco day at work

I knew we were going to do a taco potluck at work someday so I planned to smoked a couple chuck roasts and luckily I already had them. Unfortunately they were in the freezer. My boss decided Monday night that we would do taco day Tuesday. Fast forward to me thawing out roasts enough to get a rub to stick. While getting the UDS ready at 12:30am with a flashlight between my teeth. I rubbed the chuck with Dizzy Pigs fajita rub, some chili powder from a local farmers market, salt and some turbinado sugar. I had good blue smoke by 1:30 "I think, hard to see with a flashlight" and got the meat on. I watched my temp for around an hour while I cleaned up. Holding good at about 275 and went to bed around 2:30ish. Woke up around 7:30 and woke up the coals to get my temp up again "it was down to 200" and let it roll a few more hours, blanket wrap and cooler treatment for a couple hours, pulled it and threw it in the crockpot for serving and off to work. I'm taking breaking up an argument over the last scraps in the pot, what looked like tongue marks in the pot and two marriage proposals "one that I was interested in" as signs of success. This is my first time posting a pic so I hope I did it right. Here's the chuck before I put it in it's aluminum bed for a rest in the cooler.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg smoked chuck.jpg (91.8 KB, 117 views)
KC Transplant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #2
sliding_billy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : )

Great looking beef.
sliding_billy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #3
Bonewagon
Babbling Farker

That ought to make some great tacos.

Big Steel Keg, WSM, OTG, PBC, Kamado Joe Jr., Carson Rodizio, and a Super Fast [I]and[/I] Accurate [COLOR="Blue"]Blue[/COLOR] Splash-Proof Thermapen
Bonewagon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #4
---k---
is Blowin Smoke!

Looks great.

Proudly Smoking on a UDS, PBC &
Accidental Winner of the 2012 "Saucy" Throwdown.
---k--- is offline   Reply With Quote