• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Update "Photos" of 60 gallon offset build (now painted)

jrickus

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I finished up painting my smoker build with 1200 degree high heat paint, Thought I would share the photos with all my Brethren colleagues.0608031635.jpg

0608031637.jpg

0608031638a.jpg

0608031638.jpg

0608031637b.jpg

That is a nice little backyard/ portable rig that lil red headed ECB in the background is looking shunned.

That is a nice little backyard/ portable rig that lil red headed ECB in the background is looking shunned.

You're right there! Haven't used that thing in a while. I never was able to get consistent temps with long burns on that POS. I should have everything I need on the new build. Thanks for looking and the kind words.:grin:

Nice lookin smoker! Might wanna open that intake up a little according to that last pic, she looks like she is running a little dirty.

great job!!! looks like it will be easy to move with the trailer and I'm sure there will be some GREAT Q coming off that smoker for years to come!!

Nice lookin smoker! Might wanna open that intake up a little according to that last pic, she looks like she is running a little dirty.
Intake is about halfway open at that point. I was just getting it preheated and figured I would grab the camera since it seems to take about 45 minutes to reach 225-250. I think there was also a wind shift just when I snapped the photo. Thanks for the advice, I am still trying to fine tune this thing as I go.

Nice looking rig. How does she hold temps?
It holds temps really well. All material used is 1/4 thick so once it reaches 250 I am able to easily regulate down to 225 up to 350 (with a good size bed of coals) by adjusting the intake damper. The first time I fired it up, I was hoping I wouldn't have to modify the present design. I used an online BBQ pit calculator to establish measurements of firebox, intake and exhaust. Here is an updated link to my photobucket build thread, Check it out if you get a chance.
http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/jrickus/story/73765.

Back