• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Sweet and Spicey thighs w/Pron

code3rrt

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I was really hungry for something spicey the other night, something with just enough kick to get the lips burning a little, so I came up with this:
First I brined some thighs in a brine of Salt, honey, ginger, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper and black pepper for 2.5 hours.
Spiceysweetthighs001_zpscb301b5d.jpg

Then I drained, rinsed and dried the thighs. Seasoned them up with Yardbirds.
Spiceysweetthighs003_zps47aa94cf.jpg

I also made up some taters, diced them up, seasoned with a little oil, salt, pepper, Granulated onion and then topped with some lightly sauted onions. I put these in the Kettle with the chicken.
Spiceysweetthighs002_zps62799483.jpg

Spiceysweetthighs004_zps8fe671c3.jpg

Let this all go at about 325* for a little over 2 hours, turning the chicken each 30 minutes. After the last turn I glazed the thighs with a mixture of honey, soy sauce, ginger and cayenne pepper, and set the glaze.
Spiceysweetthighs005_zps31d4ce55.jpg

Spiceysweetthighs006_zps7bdf4d9d.jpg

Spiceysweetthighs007_zps96c634d1.jpg

Spiceysweetthighs008_zpsdfbfdd34.jpg

The onions on the taters didn't carmelize quite like I had hoped, but still came out pretty tasty.
All plated up here:
Spiceysweetthighs009_zps106a1c06.jpg

And it really hit the spot! All came out tasty.
I guess thats the show, thanks for looking!

Everything looks soooo goood!! Love the sound of your marinade too. Will give it a try. Thanks!! :grin:

That looks so goooood! I love thighs and feel they do so well on a kettle. I'm sure the taters tasted great. Did you put them directly over the coals at any point? Maybe next time when the thighs are resting you could sizzle up the taters right over the coals with the lid off and the coals stoked.

Those look great, I'd even eat my brussel sprouts to get my hands on one of those thighs. :grin:

From Grainbelt:
"That looks so goooood! I love thighs and feel they do so well on a kettle. I'm sure the taters tasted great. Did you put them directly over the coals at any point? Maybe next time when the thighs are resting you could sizzle up the taters right over the coals with the lid off and the coals stoked."

Thats a good idea on the taters, Thanks!

Back