So is willie b's the only long island comp

tugbone

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
So with holbrook not going on this year and tanger also Willies
we be the only comp on the island this year.

as of now, yes.

I am working on a wounded warrior benefit for July 9th at the Maritime Museumm, but thats only one day shootout.

dont nail us shut yet for the BotB...... we have alot on the table right now and 2 more meetings today. Some look very promising.

yup... but we we need venues that are not bogged down by red tape, or looking to make themselves rich at our expense. Venues have always been the problems, all the way back to the Grill Kings days. Most of our open land is state or county parks or civil owned. (Even fire department parking lots for instance still require town permits). I am trying to concentrate on the private sector, but those dont come with infrastructures in the form or water or power. Willy has it made.. its his venue, he pays for it and does whatever he wants... EASY and SMART. Im done depending on premade venues. It was easier, but your at their mercy.

Fingers crossed we need more comps on the island

You are relatively new but this has been a problem for a long time. Poobah, Willie B and Eric really have a tuff time finding venues because of the amount of red tape here on Long Island. Everyone seems to have their hand out from local municipalities to unions. It is not a easy as finding a place to have the contest. There are things like water, electricity, garbage, ice, sponsors, the health department and vendors along with all the other things that go along with running a contest. It is a very difficult, but all too often thankless task. Thank God for people like Poobah, Willie B and Eric who are willing to deal with the heartaches of putting on an event with nothing more than an occasional pat on the back, but more often a kick in the pants in return. They are the real heros in all of this, not the Grand Champions or Reserve Grand Champions of the contest. I guess sometimes we loose sight of what goes on behind the scenes.

Strange timing for this thread.

I just started a thread for a contest in Bethpage in May. The website for that event should be up by tomorrow, but most of the information is in the post.

It seems like it will be a great venue and event and they have strong backing from the town. Nice location, cool amenities.

Eric

You are relatively new but this has been a problem for a long time. Poobah, Willie B and Eric really have a tuff time finding venues because of the amount of red tape here on Long Island. Everyone seems to have their hand out from local municipalities to unions. It is not a easy as finding a place to have the contest. There are things like water, electricity, garbage, ice, sponsors, the health department and vendors along with all the other things that go along with running a contest. It is a very difficult, but all too often thankless task. Thank God for people like Poobah, Willie B and Eric who are willing to deal with the heartaches of putting on an event with nothing more than an occasional pat on the back, but more often a kick in the pants in return. They are the real heros in all of this, not the Grand Champions or Reserve Grand Champions of the contest. I guess sometimes we loose sight of what goes on behind the scenes.

I am quite aware it takes alot to run one of these comps and im sure there
is a lot of BS that goes along with it all im saying is at being new to the
world of BBQ comps and trying to get better it was nice to get your feet wet
close to home.

Strange timing for this thread.

I just started a thread for a contest in Bethpage in May. The website for that event should be up by tomorrow, but most of the information is in the post.

It seems like it will be a great venue and event and they have strong backing from the town. Nice location, cool amenities.

Eric

Geeeeez!

Would it have killed you to put a direct link to it? :becky:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103526

Thanks, Eric.

Back