If you had to choose just 1.....

For whatever reason you can only have 1 smoker.....

• Offset Cooker(stick burner)

Votes: 27 26.7%
  • Round Cooker(wsm, uds, pbc)

Votes: 73 72.3%
  • I cook everything in the crockpot....

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

jshull

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Backyard smoker, brand doesn't matter just style. If you want include why!

Drum type of cooker for me. Versitility.

Can someone explain to me what the acronyms for the different smokers are......wsm, uds, pbc, PB&J, WTF, etc?

many thanks and if it lives somewhere else, my apologies-I'm kinda new here.

My preference, by the way, is my Primo XL--not sure which category it falls in, obviously.

thansk

If there was an insulated pellet option my vote would go there.

But, since it's not then I would say WSM/drum option. If I could only have one out of that list there's not much that can beat the versatility/footprint/ ease of fuel storage and flavor wood availability of the WSM/barrel type cookers.

Wsm(weber smokey mountain) Uds(ugly drum smoker) pbc(pit barrel cooker)pbj(awesome) wtf(where's the food!!!!!!!!)

Can someone explain to me what the acronyms for the different smokers are......wsm, uds, pbc, PB&J, WTF, etc?

many thanks and if it lives somewhere else, my apologies-I'm kinda new here.

My preference, by the way, is my Primo XL--not sure which category it falls in, obviously.

thansk

Go to the main page . Click on welcome to our humble abode . When the page comes up i think iot is the 5th one down you will find the answer

Never thought about the pellet cooker. Never even seen one. I guess you guys caN use the crockpot option!!!!!!

Not sure where to put my BYB MJH which is an insulated cabinet with a vertical reverse flow that uses lump or briq. I'M SO CONFUSED!:confused::wink::roll:

Weber kettle. Does everything-grill, smoke, destroy important papers, .....

None of the above.

If I could only own one cooker, it would be a Weber 22.5 OTG. Why? Versatility. I can cook soooo many different foods on one. Direct. Indirect. Low and Slow. Hot and fast. Rotisserie.

It is the Swiss Army Knife of charcoal/wood cookers, IMO.

CD

Back