Pitmaster IQ 120

I just recommended one to a friend about a month ago after he bought a WSM, wonder if he purchased yet.

What would really set it off is having a separate unit you could take inside the house to read pit and food temp. Kind of like the Maverick.

Has anyone had luck using the 110 on a larger (20x20x24) firebox burning wood? I would have to bore another intake on the firebox.

I have the Pitmaster and the Maverick. I'm watching my 235 temp this minute, sitting at my counter drinking coffee as it pours outside. I made a rain protector with an old beer fermentation bucket.

IQ120 now shipping. Go to the PitmasterIQ website under products. Mine is on the way, I'll report back.

Temp control units are awesome. I love my Stoker.

But - I think the first order of business should be to learn how to cook without any help at all. Learn your cooker and then you will understand better how the temp controllers work.

But yes - that unit sounds awesome!

I've had my iq120 for over a week now and between amazing amounts of rain and a diet I'm actually taking serious(lost 85lbs so far) I haven't had a single chance to use the dang thing.:mad2::mad2:

I have a 110 and use it on my Ranch Kettle when I cook indirect
or smoke. It works great.

Back