• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Random Question

tb80

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Why are there so many viewers on this forum and so few posts comparatively speaking? It doesn't matter to me, but it seems that there are often times 1000 - 1500 viewers. I would think there would be more posts and threads with that many viewers.

I belong to a few other forums with large memberships and by far this is the most active one as far as postings are concerned.

Absolutely - you'll notice that there are more guests than members, so there's probably reluctance to post for many novice lurk, um - er, visitors.
A lot of posts are goofy - check out "The Woodpile" if you haven't yet, pretty entertaining.
All in all, this is a very friendly, cooperative place to be on the net.
Not like gaming forums - sheeeesh!

If you look, it'll say how many members and how many visitors. Usually, visitors FAR exceed members logged in ant any given time, and only members who are logged in can post.

D'oh! Smokainmuskoka already said that.

Right now:

Currently Active Users: 2027 (660 members and 1367 guests)

It's about 2 to 1 guests to members.

Why are there so many viewers on this forum and so few posts comparatively speaking? It doesn't matter to me, but it seems that there are often times 1000 - 1500 viewers. I would think there would be more posts and threads with that many viewers.

I don't have the time to reply to every post on this forum; It eats into my smoking time.

When I built my UDS, it took me days to get through the UDS thread. During that time, I wasn't reading much else.

I think many times folks are just leaving the forum on, and doing other things like sleeping, eating, drinking, bbqing, watching tv, ect..
Dave

There is a great post somewhere around here, that clarifies this. But, to the point, there are many new members that are shy, many older members that rarely post anymore, but, stay around and look and many who decide that what they have to say, has already been said. In truth, we each take from the forum that which serves us, not everyone want to talk.

Back