UDS Barrel

Bham_egger

Found some matches.
Reaction score
So, I know this has probably been asked a million time, but I cannot find the search button on the tapatalk app. I'm really just looking for some reassurance my barrel choice as far as safety goes. Also, I plan to burn the paint off, but I am not sure about the red paint material on the inside. Basically, will this barrel work ok?

amurequm.jpg

usuvure7.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358180682.466360.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358180682.466360.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 106
You have the dreaded red liner. People have reported that the red liner is harder to get off than the other liners. Like Chriscw81 said, burn/grind it or get it sandblasted.

As far as food safety goes, you can pick up a barrel that has held most anything and then just get a really hot fire to burn out any residue that may of been in it and then wipe down with rubbing alcohol to remove any soot or ash that remain.

By the way. The search option in tapatalk is under the more tab. Not exactly hidden. :mrgreen: look at the THE ugly drum smoker thread. It's farking stupid long but it really does have every ounce of info you could possibly ever want for a UDS. Also, search for the redneck uds thread, I think it is by norcoredneck.

Edit:

Here ya go, found it with tapatalk search.

THE uds thread:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=335633

The redneck UDS thread:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=656028

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yup the dreaded red liner :tsk: Been thre done this. Her's my experience. I burned it out 3 times. Went after it with 4 wire wheels and then hand sanded for about 2 hours. If I was to do it again, I would pay somebody to sandblast it. If memory serves it was about $35. Once you add up your time, wheels and sand paper your're gonna wish you blasted it. Just my $.02. Or look for an unlined barrel.

Yup the dreaded red liner :tsk: Been thre done this. Her's my experience. I burned it out 3 times. Went after it with 4 wire wheels and then hand sanded for about 2 hours. If I was to do it again, I would pay somebody to sandblast it. If memory serves it was about $35. Once you add up your time, wheels and sand paper your're gonna wish you blasted it. Just my $.02. Or look for an unlined barrel.

What he said.... I paid $40

And get it powder coated while you're at it.

yep! dredd red for sure and sandblasting will save you loads of aggrevation.. Good Choice.....

Back