Injector reviews

P

PorkQPine

I am tired us using the standard marinade/brine injector so I am looking for options and reviews of the F.Dick the Spitjack and the pump up injector.

What do you inject that you are selling to the public?

Capacity? how much do you plan on injecting?

I have both the spitjack (for light use) and the brine bump (from F.Dick) for heavy use.

the F Dick injector works great however CAN NOT use any spices...only brine..but you can pump 20 butts in 10 minutes...
spit jack works great for special blends...just SLOW
I have a couple of each

Oh yea,, That's a good point.. I was going to recommend you look here
http://www.tractorsupply.com/producer-s-pride-reg-proshot-ii-syringe-50cc-capacity-1019750
if you are looking at the spitjack.
But if you are selling to the public, you will want one approved by NSF. Is there such an animal?

I just bought one of those yesterday for competitions. Not worried about NSF for comps. I'm still looking for one like in the LangSmokers brisket video. It's not like the one Tractor Supply now carries.

I just bought one of those yesterday for competitions. Not worried about NSF for comps. I'm still looking for one like in the LangSmokers brisket video. It's not like the one Tractor Supply now carries.

Please post if you find one.

I just ordered the SpitJack. I have been researching it for sometime and the wife told me to buy myself a Valentines gift. I can't wait to play with it in a few days. I love my BBQ toys.

I decided to get the No Cents injector that is basically a pump up spray rig that has a hose and needle. Not NSF but not much BBQ stuff is if you consider the plastic bottles for sauces, the other injectors that are used for comp. and then the extra meat that didn't make the grade as comp is sold as people's choice. Then there are the rub containers, both bags and plastic bottles. Not many NSF smokers either so it depends on your county HD. Some are really strict and some are not but it is almost impossible to be NSF compliant with everything.

I bouth a Pro Shot II from TSC (Tractor Supply Company) for 20 bucks. After a few modifications, it works like a charm. I swapped out the plunger with a NSF cerftified plunger from an injector I had laying around. It wasn't so much worried about the NSF certification, but the rubber seal the TSC injector came with had that NASTY rubber smell. I was afraid it would impart an off flavor to my meat.

I am looking to get a big injector, for a whole hog for this weekend. just a needle or needle and valve I can hook up to a pump sprayer. ASAP.

Back