Vending Turkey legs??

grillfella

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I was thinking about vending bbq turkey legs for an upcoming concert in the park. What do you guys think? are they a money maker? at the fair out here in orange county they did well. Not sure if restaurant depot carries them. Any thoughts

thanks in advance

Bill D
grillfellascatering.com

Concert in the park crowd doeasn't sound like a turkey leg crowd (to me). Go with what you know, maybe add a chicken breast sandwich (?)

Concert in the park crowd doeasn't sound like a turkey leg crowd (to me). Go with what you know, maybe add a chicken breast sandwich (?)

Yes a lot of health nuts out at the concerts:-D

thanks chris

RD doesn't carry them. It would have to be a special order.

Our local grocer has them in a Cryo-Vac 2 Pak for 2.29. Pretty Cheap. Already smoked

RD doesn't carry them. It would have to be a special order.

I have ordered then from RD, they were pre cooked and frozen. Real easy , just heat em up and sell. ALl you you need is somebody walking around with one at all times and they sell like crazy

I tried vending some El Grande 2# turkey legs a few years ago and lost my A$$. Could have been time of year - a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving. Cooked 'em on site...they were pretty fine -- finally started giving them away just to keep from throwing them away.

They are a good product and Disney sells a ton of them...just depends on the day and crowd.

they sell like crazy in my neck of the woods. i would rather have a brat or sausage on a stick.

They go over VERY well here. They need to be ordered through my butcher though

we vend around 60 - 70 each and every saturday. not sure about your event but they are a great money maker for us.
Brett

Back