• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

American Royal Q&A

One another note, anyone parked anywhere near Tippy Canoe ... make sure you don't start setting up - especially fencing - until Joe Canoe has put his 5th wheel in his spot :biggrin:

The wheels on my 5th wheel eat fencing and baricades for breakfast:shock:

I'm leaving at the butt crack of dawn Thursday hoping to avoid any fencing issues...as long as I beat Jack's Old South in from GA I should be good.

Watching you shrug your shoulders after taking down the house at the Qlossal was classic.

Here in KS & MO the weather always changes. Pack for Mid-60s for the days and mid-40s for the nights. You also might want to pack a rain jacket....just in case.

10:30 local weather update

Thursday- 80% rain all day windy 70 46:icon_frow
Friday- cloudy 63 44:|
Saturday- sunny 61 42:smile:
Sunday- partly cloudy 67-54:smile:

Pffft, Sledcast imitators

Thursday, Oct 1

06.gif

High: 72 °F RealFeel®: 68 °F
Mostly cloudy and windy with showers and thunderstorms possible

Thursday Night, Oct 1
12.gif

Low: 52 °F RealFeel®: 44 °F
Periods of rain in the evening; otherwise, mainly cloudy and breezy

Friday, Oct 2
03.gif

High: 63 °F RealFeel®: 60 °F
Windy in the morning; cool with partial sunshine

Friday Night, Oct 2
36.gif

Low: 45 °F RealFeel®: 37 °F
An evening shower in the area; otherwise, partly cloudy

Saturday, Oct 3
06.gif

High: 61 °F RealFeel®: 59 °F
Clouds limiting sunshine

Saturday Night, Oct 3
35.gif

Low: 45 °F RealFeel®: 41 °F
Partly cloudy

Sunday, Oct 4
03.gif

High: 65 °F RealFeel®: 64 °F
Partly sunny

Sunday Night, Oct 4
38.gif

Low: 50 °F RealFeel®: 46 °F
Mostly cloudy with a touch of rain late

Pffft, Sledcast imitators

Thursday, Oct 1

06.gif

High: 72 °F RealFeel®: 68 °F
Mostly cloudy and windy with showers and thunderstorms possible

Thursday Night, Oct 1
12.gif

Low: 52 °F RealFeel®: 44 °F
Periods of rain in the evening; otherwise, mainly cloudy and breezy

Friday, Oct 2
03.gif

High: 63 °F RealFeel®: 60 °F
Windy in the morning; cool with partial sunshine

Friday Night, Oct 2
36.gif

Low: 45 °F RealFeel®: 37 °F
An evening shower in the area; otherwise, partly cloudy

Saturday, Oct 3
06.gif

High: 61 °F RealFeel®: 59 °F
Clouds limiting sunshine

Saturday Night, Oct 3
35.gif

Low: 45 °F RealFeel®: 41 °F
Partly cloudy

Sunday, Oct 4
03.gif

High: 65 °F RealFeel®: 64 °F
Partly sunny

Sunday Night, Oct 4
38.gif

Low: 50 °F RealFeel®: 46 °F
Mostly cloudy with a touch of rain late

Whats a guy from New York know about KC weather? Probably more than me.:-D Hope you are right about Thursday.

Or if you want to get technical, how about an hour by hour forecast, straight from the source(NOAA)? :)

So we shouldnt start our party until friday at 8:00? I mean we shouldnt invite guests until then. :)

Hotel Opening

Hello,

I know all the hotels in the area are sold out so I wanted to post that I had to cancel my reservation for the night of October 2nd for 1night at the Best Western Seville on Main St. 4.4 miles away. If you are interested send me a message I am a travel agent I can contact the manager for you I am pretty sure if you just check their website it will show sold out but I know they have a room for that night.

Thanks,
Becky :)

I can tell you that we hooked up Thurs. morning last year and had power.

I would not hook up a fridge with contest meat in it and expect it to run all night without being on site. If your neighbor pulls in and blows the circuit.....

If you just want to get the fridge cooled down you should be fine.

I'm staying with Jay. He sid something about a "reach around" room. That's a good thing, right?

We'll make an exception to the "No Pictures, Didn't Happen" rule on this one.:eek:

Is it tough to get cabs from the Royal at night? I was hoping to hang out and have some beers Thursday night but don't want to drive back to the hotel.

We'll make an exception to the "No Pictures, Didn't Happen" rule on this one.:eek:

Is it tough to get cabs from the Royal at night? I was hoping to hang out and have some beers Thursday night but don't want to drive back to the hotel.

Where's your hotel?

It's not Manhattan, I'd have a number or two in my cell if you don't want to wait.

Cab rides are easy to come by. There's a taxi stand right at the Royal.

With talk of rooms and such ... We are short a few guys this week, so I unpacked two of our cots. Anyone need them?

There is a bar a couple blocks away from Gate A. We walked there and only had time for one drink before the cab was there last year.

I can tell you that we hooked up Thurs. morning last year and had power.

I would not hook up a fridge with contest meat in it and expect it to run all night without being on site. If your neighbor pulls in and blows the circuit.....

If you just want to get the fridge cooled down you should be fine.

Thanks - I don't think we're taking our comp meat down to the Royal til Sunday morning. :mrgreen:

Back