Piernitas de Pollo Marinadas y Elote, It's what's for Dinner 2!

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
I shop at a local Mexican Market nearly every week. I've purchased this chicken there a few times and it’s really tasty but has very little heat to it.

I recreated here with just a little heat to spice it up. Here are most of the ingredients for the marinate I used:

And here is the recipe:
1 tbsp. Granulated onion
1 tbsp. Ground pepper
1 tbsp. Salt
1 tbsp. Paprika
1 tsp. Ground ginger
1/2 tsp. Achiote powder
1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
1/2 tsp. Chipotle Pepper
4 cloves garlic (Minced)
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp. EVOO
1 tbsp. Malt vinegar
1 tbsp. Catsup
And some raw onion and cilantro and the end.
I mixed everything up in a large bowl

and dumped in the chicken legs and 2 thighs

and mixed it all up for even covered.

Bagged it up with some onion and cilantro for a rest before grilling.

Now on the grill with some corn on the cob.

After 10 minutes I flipped everything.

After it was up to temp I plated it up with some elote, a nice cerveza and some fruit that the wife insisted I include.

Oh sooo delicious! :becky:

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Still waiting for one of your photos to have Bud Light as the beer :mrgreen: Awesome cook as always. Been wanting to try Mexican style corn and yours looks good

Oh, yeah!

Thanks for the recipe, too!

I wonder how that'd work with some wings vs. the legs.
Thank you SD. It would work on wings just fine but it has just a "little" heat to it. (Both my wife and 90 year old MIL can't take much more than just a little) For wings you may want to bump up the chipotle and cayenne some.

Last edited:
Still waiting for one of your photos to have Bud Light as the beer :mrgreen: Awesome cook as always. Been wanting to try Mexican style corn and yours looks good
Thank you Matt. You will never see a Bud light in my pics unless I lost a bet with someone. :twitch:

I love Mexican style corn. (Elote) Normally it's rubbed with mayo, then some chili powder of your choice, some cotija cheese and some minced cilantro and serve with a lime wedge. I put Tajin seasoning on mine as it already has the chili and lime in it.

Back