MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:53 PM   #1
indianagriller
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Wedding for 100 this weekend, numbers help

Cooking for a wedding this weekend, have sides figured up, but meat is a question... They want 2 meats brisket and pulled pork, I was estimating at 30 lbs of each...

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Old 09-26-2012, 11:37 PM   #2
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianagriller View Post
Cooking for a wedding this weekend, have sides figured up, but meat is a question... They want 2 meats brisket and pulled pork, I was estimating at 30 lbs of each...

Is that cooked or raw? What size portion are you using for your estimate. At a 5 oz serving you would get about 96 servings from 30# cooked. How is this going to be served?

Yoder YS640; Good-One "Trail Boss" 60T; Weber Kettle rotisserie ring; Big A$$ Rotisserie; New Braunfels offset smoker; Weber Smokey Mountain; Backyard Bombers BBQ HJM

Μολν λαβέ
Pyle's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:14 AM   #3
indianagriller
is one Smokin' Farker

30lbs cooked weight at 4oz per sandwich, it will be buffet style,
Old 09-27-2012, 07:34 AM   #4
chad
somebody shut me the fark up.

For buffet, that may not be quite enough. Can you serve the first pass and then go self serve? That way everyone gets a shot at both meats ahead of Bubba the human WM truck!
Otherwise, I'd bump it up about 5-8# per meat.

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair

KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker (RIP), WSM (RIP), Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill (RIP), Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill (RIP), Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker (new heating element),
Pit Boss Tailgater pellet pooper.
chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:13 PM   #5
HBMTN
is Blowin Smoke!

You will be good with 30lbs of each but I would add 2-4lbs of pork and drop that much in brisket for my area. More like 34lbs pork and 26lbs brisket but I am sure other areas are different.
HBMTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:20 PM   #6
HandsomeSwede
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianagriller View Post

How did you quote the job in the first place?
Old 09-27-2012, 11:27 PM   #7
indianagriller
is one Smokin' Farker

originally it was one meat 3 sides, then after they had some of my brisket left over from a competition practice cook they changed it to pork,brisket and 2 sides Originally i had figured one meat but when they switched to two it confused me just because some people wont eat pork, or will eat more beef so wasnt sure how to break it down into two meats.... we normally only do vending and have certain events we do... we dont do much on the way of catering as my "real job" takes up a lot of time and is not very flexible... not getting paid at all for it, actually going into the hole as a wedding gift.