Hello from Washington State

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NickelsWorth

Hello, I am Brad Nickel. Like a couple of the other new members, I have not been BBQing that long either. I competed in a BBQ class competition called Cascades Country Cook-off down in Centralia, WA area and in the City of Edgewood first annual Chicken and Ribs BBQ and am looking forward to competing more in 2009. Also like many, I was hooked since! I have a WSMB 2820 and a Weber Smokey Joe 20 inch, both have done me well in the competition arena and the homefront - I liked the results anyway, if you know what I mean. I have mainly been trying to develop a team BBQ sauce and rubs, perfecting the rubs, and cooking in general, so a lot of my BBQing experience is at home. I compete with a friend and our team is Wood-N-Nickel BBQ. If I compete with my family, my team is NickelsWorth BBQ. I am also in the process of rounding up materials to build a mobile pit. I already started by legally purchasing a scrapped 250 gallon (3 ft diameter x 6 ft long) propane tank that I am going to use to build it, fortunately I am pretty good at fabricating and welding. I hope to get it built this year, provided I don't loose my job and the economy bodes well enough to allow it to come to fruition. Watch for our team and come say hello if you see us.

Well that's it for now, I look forward to participating in this forum and learning what I can from it. Happy New Year and God Bless!

Welcome Brother Brad.:cool: I gotta admit, at first I thought maybe ol' thirdeye was trying to pull one over on us because of your avatar. Just looks like you picked the same pic he did I guess!:lol:

Welcome! You will have fun and learn a lot. Free free to ask questions. You will get a bunch of answers just shift through them..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back