Buck a bone

K

Kung Fu BBQ

What type of regs are at events that have the buck-a-bone deal. Does it fall under the same guidelines as normal vending?

What type of regs are at events that have the buck-a-bone deal. Does it fall under the same guidelines as normal vending?

What do you mean?

As far as the health department goes, they typically issue you a temporary, one day license. They want you to have the triple wash station set up and ways to keep your food hot and cold.

yeah, thats what I was looking for. Didn't know if it was different since it was within a bbq event. Didn't know if there was some exceptions to the rule.

Do you get the temp license through the compitition or is done on your own?

yeah, thats what I was looking for. Didn't know if it was different since it was within a bbq event. Didn't know if there was some exceptions to the rule.

Do you get the temp license through the compitition or is done on your own?

For Blue Springs, the health inspector comes around to check your set up. They temp the meat in your coolers with an infrared thermometer, check your triple wash set up, test the PH in the sanitize sink, and ensure you have a way to keep your cooked food hot. Once you are approved, you can start selling.

If the contest doesn't organize this for you, then I wouldn't worry about it, IMHO.

coolio.... and how did you know I was talkin about Blue Springs...yer psychic!!!

Back