King Kooker -24-Inch Portable Portable - Is it worth it?

basuraman

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/King-Kooker-24WC-Heavy-Duty-Portable/dp/B000BWFTJE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top"]Amazon.com: King Kooker 24WC Heavy-Duty 24-Inch Portable Propane Outdoor Cooker with 18-Inch Steel Wok: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

Does anyone have one?

Is it worth it?

Dan

unless its the WOK that you are looking for, if you just want a big gas burner you can find turkey fryers pretty cheap that are really versatile.

unless its the WOK that you are looking for, if you just want a big gas burner you can find turkey fryers pretty cheap that are really versatile.

Bayou Classic makes some good ones. Not sure if I'd want a "cheap" gas unit though. Especially one that was meant to cook turkeys too. I'll pay extra for stability and overall strength.

I was looking for something to do Wok cooking outside. My house has little to know drafting over the stove so if I burn something it make the house smokey and the smell lasts a long time. If I set this up outside I could cook at high heat to my hearts content.

I was looking for something to do Wok cooking outside. My house has little to know drafting over the stove so if I burn something it make the house smokey and the smell lasts a long time. If I set this up outside I could cook at high heat to my hearts content.

Well then, I would think the Chinese DO know a thing or two about Wok Cooking.:biggrin1:

I also like the height of this, if the wok is what's primarily used on it so I wouldn't be so concerned with stability and a heavy weight.

Price sounds reasonable compared to similar items in a casual search.

Gotta ask......why not just get a wok and use it on a kettle or other outdoor cooker you already have? I use a cast iron wok on my kettles. Works great.

Gotta ask......why not just get a wok and use it on a kettle or other outdoor cooker you already have? I use a cast iron wok on my kettles. Works great.

http://importfood.com/thaigasburner.html

Read the first paragraph for easy overview, the other part of the equation is a *thin* carbon steel wok. Heats up/cools very rapidly versus heavywight cast iron or any heavy wok material. :mrgreen:

I'm just reacting to the picture in the link, could be wrong but it looks kinda tall for a relatively skinny base. Last thing you want is some super hot oil on top of a gas burner that is top heavy and unstable. Price looks OK, but I think this is one of those times I would put my handsvon it first.

Back