Smoked Side Dishes

RevZiLLa

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I learned here among the Brethren that baked beans cooked on the smoker are great....and they are!
I learned that smoked mac n cheese is awesome...and it is! My wife and I tried it and tasted it and said, "OK, its smoked..." then we couldn't stop eating it.
There is a recent post where a member did a short rib and vegetables pot roast in the smoker and it looks WOW! I will be trying that all right.
It is a well known fact that pizza rocks the smoker.

What else works on the smoker? Let me know what you have tried and liked, please.

How about
Scalloped potatoes?
Au gratin potatoes?
Chili?
Chile relleno?
Quiche??
Apple turnover?
Pie?
Cookies 8)

I just did smoked apples and they turned out great. Cored the apples, but not all they way through the bottom. Stuffed with a caramel, some sugar/brown sugar/cinnamon mix, some butter and then another caramel. Smoked for 1 hour at 275 with apple wood.

I just did smoked apples and they turned out great. Cored the apples, but not all they way through the bottom. Stuffed with a caramel, some sugar/brown sugar/cinnamon mix, some butter and then another caramel. Smoked for 1 hour at 275 with apple wood.

that sounds ez, fast and good :thumb:

I have done chili and potatoes au gratin several times with great results. The potatoes need to cook covered for a while though and then remove the foil for the last 20-30 minutes to smoke them up a little...

I like to toss a few sweet potatoes, a hard/winter squash, and/or some eggs on the smoker to fill in any extra open grid space. I am especially fond of golden nugget squash.

Back