• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Hudson Valley Ribfest, New Paltz, NY - Aug 15-17, 2008 ***Partial Results Added***

Porky

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
The wife and I are thinking of coming up to New Paltz for Hudson Valley Ribfest the weekend of 8/15-17 and wanted to know which teams will be competing. We will just be hanging out not competing or judging. Also, what hotels/motels are in the area?

The wife and I are thinking of coming up to New Paltz for Hudson Valley Ribfest the weekend of 8/15-17 and wanted to know which teams will be competing. We will just be hanging out not competing or judging. Also, what hotels/motels are in the area?

There is a link from the chamber on the contest page with the local spots to stay. I stayed at the Econolodge last year ( I think).
Check em out they are all basic comfort and right there in the area.
(if I can find the link, I'll send it to you.)

(Actually it was the Super 8, pm sent)

Last edited:
98% sure we will be there too. just ironing out a few details. anyone know if its full yet?

we are so there!
There are not many places to stay in the immediate area, I think the Super 8 is about it.
If you want to show the wife a grand weekend head up to the Mohonk House
Newburgh is only one exit down the Thruway and offers much more in the way of hotels. Poughkeepsie is also an easy ride, just across the river and also offers much more in the way of hotels.
Newburgh or Poughkeepsie are an easy 30 minute drive to the contest.

There are also a number of campgrounds very close by if you're into that kind of thing....

Thanks Ted, but Arlene's idea of camping out is going to a Holiday Inn. Not quite a nature girl.
Which Super 8 are teams staying at? Kingston,Highland,New Paltz or Poughkeepsie?

FINALLY, my first contest of the year!

8 Ball and the 'Que Sticks will be there!

Good luck all takin off that weekend I need some recoop time I am catering every weekend and some weekdays until then.

Lot's of local radio advertising the past 2 days for the event. Does a good job explaining there is food to eat and the rest compete. If we have last years weather (other than the microburst) it should be packed again.

Also if anyone needs specific local information (non-contest related) feel free to ask a local. (me)

Last edited by a moderator:
a bit early but the SLEDCAST is feeling like it will be Sunny high of 80 and and a cooler 50 at night. Stay tuned

Back