THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Groundhog66

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Tim
I gotta tell you, I think a brisket flat is one of the most overrated meats in the BBQ world. Even when done properly, I am only looking to have a slice or two. IMO it rates just above chicken breast, and just below just about everything else.

As far as low and slow beef I prefer tri tip. I've only done one 14# packer brisket that took me 12 hours to cook. It tasted great but I can make a tri tip in 1.5 hours and get more flavor out of it.

I do really like brisket points over the flat, but I won't turn down a properly cooked slice or two (or four or six). Having said that, I'd much prefer a nicely smoked chuck for pulled beef in a sandwich.

Must be a California bias. :-D Glad you like tri-tip and so glad you're not a closet vegan!!

Texas contingent reporting in.

Proper brisket can be elusive, but when done right: man oh man, real hard to beat.

iheartmeat.png

i like it. i seem to be able to make it edible and rather tasty. its also a meat that is cheap per serving and can fill up a lot of meals for my family.

Back