• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Farmer's Market Meal

SirPorkaLot

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I have been in a meat rut lately (NTTAWWT) and wanted something a little different so I went to the local Farmer's Market, to see what I could see.

There wasn't a huge selection, but the vendors that were there had some beautiful product.

As I walked, I picked up.

Gouda cheese curds (because I love cheese curds)
Large Portabella Mushrooms
Green bell peppers
Garlic
Long leaf Parsley
Freshly baked crusty bread (farmers loaf)
Dozen X-Lrg white eggs

All at a whim, with no meal plan in place other than I wanted to grill the Portabella's.

PB200021.JPG

I removed the stem and scraped the gills from underneath, then rinsed them good.

I chopped up the garlic, bell pepper and added some olive oil to mix to a paste.

I then turned the mushrooms cap down, and spread the paste across the underside, then i added the fresh parsley (coarsely chopped)

On top of this I added the fresh curds (yes they were fresh..squeaky and all) to the top.

PB200023.JPG

It is then that I realized...:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

NO MEAT???!!!

I was fortunate in that I had some left over market bacon from my pig candy snack I had made earlier.

I sprinkled the bacon with just the ghost pepper salt this time (didn't want it sweet, just a salty kick) and tossed it on the grill while my mushrooms marinated in the olive oil mixture.

After I started the bacon in the indirect side, I threw the mushrooms on direct heat side.
After about 20 more minutes the bacon was ready to top the shrooms.

PB200025.JPG

PB200027.JPG

I took the farmers bread and tossed on the grill for 15 min, then the whole affair was ready to go to the table.

Served the bread with a little dipping sauce consisting of EVOO and spices on the side.

PB200032.JPG

PB200035.JPG

PB200034.JPG

I'm not sure what to call it, so I will stick with My Farmer's Market Meal. :becky:

Lookin' good there temp Californian! I just love those Portabellos and am always looking for a reason to cook 'em.

If that comes from not having a plan, I would never make another plan if I were you.

Looks really good.

Ain't nuthin wrong with that - looks fantastic! I always forget about portobellos, and when I remember to make them, I'm always glad I did.

Good gawds man, a month in California and you are a vegetarian!

It just goes to show, that soaked in olive oil, covered with cheese and bacon and tossed on the grill, veggies are edible.

John
You will have to be completely re-trained when ya get home after being here for a whole year.....:-D

But it does look purty good.....:thumb:

Back